alcohol dependent

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am giving up the drink 2 nite. wish me luck!

5 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wendy,I am quitting the booze----it's ruing my life.

I wish you good luck like you I am tired of being tired of drinking and hangovers.

_____        Good luck .

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Posted

Lots of good luck!  I need to quit too!  This last weekend was another bad one and so, I need to do it and turn things around smile x x x
    • Posted

Emma.. Take this week end to learn the way alcohol created the cravings..

take one day at a time... Not one more drink! biggrin

• Posted

wise words hope, keep it going   NO ONE MORE DRINK lol
    • Posted

I seem to enjoy the warm feeling drink makes me feel but each and everytime I have a drink I just can't seem to stop sad

I need to start focussing on the things that make me happy and try not to have that one more drink x

• Posted

That's the craving controlling UR brain.. When u cannot stop at one drink that is the deffinition of alcohol dependenency.

Perhaps it time to see UR doc and come up with a plan to find sobriety. 

There r meds that can help with the constant cravings nagging at u.Ask UR doc and join a support group.. I know it's a lot to do. It u can find it in UR heart to want to let go of alcohol and live life sober u will let go of the reasons why u need to drink in the first place. Weather it be social anxiety or self medicate for any reason. Find a better way to accept who u r and who u can be without alcohol. biggrin

• Posted

good luck! I hope you have something prepared to keep you from going back.
  • Posted

i wish you all the luck in the world, get your friends around you, keep buisy, i did it but it takes time, every night is a new tommorrow  
  • Posted

Good luck Wendy, allways keep a bottle of water by your side, the first week is the worst, small steps girl.
  • Posted

I can't quit,I have lost the fight too go on alchol is my friend & nemesis,why should I quit I find solace in Booze.My driving licence is gone as is my wife.I am a low life Bum !.It's amazing I can type this with the shakes .Take care all and good luck x
    • Posted

Joshua, sounds like you are giving up, giving up, thats the easy way, you can do it, drink is no friend and there is no peace in a bottle, try again, its not easy but what choice do you have, please be strong and try again, youve lost so much, ge strong, look in the mirror mate, that bloke staring back is the only one who can help you, dont be a bum, dont say that. Say I can do this, drink water, dont smoke you can do it.
    • Posted

There is something that you love. Do you remember what that was? Put all of your energy into that and you may forget about alcohol.
  • Posted

That is easier said than done,but thank you all.
    • Posted

Dear Joshua,   Please, please do not give up, you are worth as much as any other human being...... I know that everything must seen hopeless at the moment and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but please believe me there truly is.   I was in a hopeless situation, severe damage to my organs, overdosed four times , and sectioned four times, that saved my life (also for my husband and four children)   it took the pressure off every day and the large amount of medication made the withdrawal easier, I still had the shakes for a week but I had painkillers and antidepressants, also sleeping tablets and tranquilizers.  Can you ask your doctor if you could have help as an in-patient, also many people find campral very helpful. There is hope, I never ever thought that I would stop, now I have not been drunk for ten years. I am very open about my alcoholism, in ways it has made me a better person. You for instance would be perfect to help others in the same situation , you could talk to them openly and above all Understanding them.

Keep your head up high and be kind to yourself.

Sincere wishes.  DEIRDRE xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.