Alcohol withdrawal any advice pls?!?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi 

Ive had a problem with alcohol on and off for the past 7 years but for the past 2 years ive had good periods of total sobriety.

Last week Friday I relapsed and drank continously 24/7 (every waking moment anyway) for a week, im not proud of this infact im very disappointed in myself!!  But its almost like when I get around the 4 month sober mark I start to literally believe im ok to drink a few now.  But I always end up going on an awful binge and having to be detoxed inorder to stop.

Well my dad took me to hospital on nFriday just gone so i drank for a week in total.  They kept me in overnight, put me on a drip, gave me 2 diazipan and the next day said I could go home.  I told the doc I felt as if I was withdrawing and didnt feel well enough to go home, however he said to go home and cut down on the drink slowly, but he didnt think I could withdraw after only a week of drinkining!

Ive been home since Sat (3 days) with just painkillers and vitamin B prescribed when leaving the hospital.

The thing is I do feel as though im withdrawing!! I have pins & needles all over my body, hot sweats, im having heart paplpatations, panic attacks, im crying at everything & my whole belly and back hurts, I feel extremely drained!!

Pls help Ive had at least 3 days of detox in the past but feel as though ive just been left to deal with the symptoms on my own. I wandering after 4 days since mmy last drink is this still withdrawal? When wll it stop? I really dont want to take that docs advice and drink again, bcus I know I want stop or be able to cut down gradually.. 

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been sober for 10 days now, it feels like longer.. my initial withdrawing has settled. I'm still getting pins & needles whenever I'm anxious or upset (although it has improved since last week). I am HIGHLY emotional though which I don't like, I'm crying at the drop of a hat & angry just as quickly. . Is this part offor coming off the alcohol? ? Im also having horrible nightmares, hence why I'm awake :'(

I have had these nightmares b4 usually in the first 3 days of withdrawal, & was told this was called DT's, so I'm not sure why I'm still having them on day 10??

Anyway the bank holiday is over so I'll be getting in touch with my doctor & CRI worker today..

I'm so annoyed with myself, this 2 week Xmas period should have been a nice break for me instead it's being waisted on recovering from my last drink, I should have known better :-(

• Posted

Tar4..instead of beating yourself up for recovering during your holiday...you should pat yourself on the back...for getting thru that horrible experience and should be very proud of yourself for NOT drinking thru the whole holiday.

​Yes, the experiences of crying, being depressed, anxious..even I had bad dreams...etc....is NORMAL...If you are still sober..these feelings should be subsiding...for me, it usually takes a full two weeks before I start to feel less guilty, less anxious...less emotional...

​I'm proud of you...happy for you...and for myself that I am not drinking "today".  Your strong!  Keep it up K?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.