alcohol withdrawls

Posted , 17 users are following.

Do withdrawals get worse every time u try to stop???

1 like, 49 replies

49 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

No joy bout 2 hours then wake up soaked with sweat! Then 1wake up soaked again! Guess I was being to cocky about wds not being too bad this time! Will I sweat even more tommoro in running out of bedding! Lol

Never again!!!

• Posted

HI JAMES- I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT SWEATING-DRINK LOADS OF WATER, YOU NEED TO AVOID BECOMING DEHYDRATED- THE SWEAT IS YOUR BODIES WAY OF GETTING RID OF ALOT OF THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM- IF THATS YOUR ONLY WD's -your doing ok - stick at it james- you should be heading down the home straight in the next couple of days- stay strong-
  • Posted

depends on what and how much and how long you drank this time around i say.

withdrawls are never pleasant , but to answer your question, my withdrawls were definately worse !

i cant explain why, but i remember stopping drinking in the past and i didnt shake and sweat and puke like i did the very last time i quit, but i am guessing it is because this last time, I was on er quite heavely, for over a week,

Alcohol is such poison to my veins now, it will never again be a merry little drink like the good ol days...

• Posted

Not just sweating, can't sit still and very bored, will the anxiety pass this time?
    • Posted

the anxiety in my eyes is part of the withdrawl, and it definately gets u in the boredom books when u arent drinking anymore. are you feeling good about quitting drinking atleast?

• Posted

Was about 20 units from 8 in the morning till bout 7 at night for bout 3 weeks?
    • Posted

thats alot of alcohol buddy... and I sure hope you are quitting for the sake of your health... Do you go to AA meetings at all, support from family, friends ?. I did it on my own as well, i didnt realize how dangerous it was..but after the forst 2 weeks sober I was back in the groove of things

and thought , how the hell did i waste all my days drinking like that and THAT MUCH!! im baffled at how I even functioned properly, well in my eyes i did anyways...but clearly i was a functioning drunk.

I wish u the BEST!

it aint easy, but stick to it... smile

• Posted

Well end of day 3 now nd still having cold sweats nd really bad anxiety, think its gonna be a long wd this one!

• Posted

Hate these wds why have I done it again!!!!
    • Posted

I know !! Its ridiculous cuz we damn well know better . but you will get thru it . I hope u have someone close that can keep u company. Help take ur mind of the things running thru it .
  • Posted

My last WD took 2 weeks to feel normal again then was still getting the odd sweats can't do 2 weeks again, many to be starting work this week nd I know I can't climb trees and use a chainsaw in this state but need money to pay bills etc!!!
  • Posted

There will always be a "withdrawal" syndrome after drinking.  Only it goes from very minor to MAJOR depending on how long you drink.

Drink for one day - the next morning....little sluggish...headache....shaky....anxious..depressed.  All short lasting and minor if you don't continue to drink.  But to ME these are withdrawals from the alcohol leaving your body.

Drinking for long periods....the withdrawals just get worse and last longer.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

Hey guys do not know if anyone is still on here but this is now my final straw with alcohol I want to give it up for good. I went to a detox center because I got in a bad habit of binge drinking every day and knew I had a problem with just how awful my sleep and depression was getting. So I went solely to the place because in my mind I was concerned with having a seizure. I am 23 years old and have been pretty heavy drinkin for 2 years. So this weekend I went on a pretty big bender including cocaine and alcohol at a softball tournament wasn't eating nor do I remember getting violent but in the am the team left for game and I couldn't physically go I was so mixed in emotions from cocaine and really depressed. I couldn't breathe began panicking and I called an ambulance. They kept me for maybe a few hours and that was that so I guess they weren't very concerned about my side effects, but did prescribe pills that I need to pick up today. I think the mixture of both and dehydration of being in the heat messed me up last night was even terrified as I was hearing noises nothing scary but I could tell they weren't real. I still can't eat I feel awful

• Posted

I don't have money for a rehab and I've been drinking as soon as I wake up and I get up very early before anyone else does so no one notices. I'm wanting to stop and it's only been like 6 hrs since I have drink and my eyes are burning and diolated and I'm scared and shaking and seeing things move that aren't. I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Get to a Dr. immediately. The danger of you going into a withdrawal seizure is real. Hallucinating is a sign of the DT's and the risk of death is real. You may die. Go to a Dr, there is no shame. They helped me!

• Posted

If you can you need to get a prescription for some benzos. This could be the biggest help to not have severe withdrawals or dts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.