Allergic Rhinitis destroyed my life

Posted , 16 users are following.

I have been suffering with it for the last 5 years, constant nasal pressure and congestion, mainly in the right nostril ,no other symptoms like runny nose or eyes or cough etc . 

I have done septoplasty to correct deviated spetum ,it didn`t help 

I used all kind of nasal inhalers without help ,recently started immunotherapy ,which is like light at the end of dark tunnel but no immediate result what so ever 

Is there a forum specifically for allergic rhiniits where you can learn about experience and tragedy of others 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I find keeping warm in scarves and cardigans and jackets help me tremendously. I move air con vents away from my nose. Keep away from alcohol and sweets and fried food and asprin. Ask friends and workmates to pls not wear perfume or sprays only rollon deodorant around you. Push for a fragrance free workplace nicely as 1 in 3 people are like us to some degree. Im looking for a heated bed mask for sinuses. Always wear socks and warmishclothing to bed as we suffer in chills. Get desensitising injections with an allergist. Health stores have a saline spray which relaxes. Try to be a fitness person as weight on yr body stresses it and fitness repairs. I might try the vidian neurectomy operation soon. Look it up online. Main thing....warmth helps...you will be the freak in jackets and socks.....but.....it helps us. Hang in there and constantly check online for updates and new remedies. Push your allergists. Dont stay with GPs only..you also need allergists. I massage my sinuses myself. Cotton wool pieces my ears to keep them warmer helps dizziness and scarves on neck hair over my ears or beenies in air con helps dizziness and concentration. Warmth willchange your life too. Im 55 and suffered for 40 years on off.

You are NOT alone xo

• Posted

I am not sure this is post placed correctly but my husband has had the same symptoms for a long time and we have gone through everything from Drs, steroids, nasal drips, nasal wash, gluten free foods, eliminating irritants (obviously the wrong ones)  changing a/c filters to micro mesh and removing rugs and wet-dusting the bedroom etc

I read that dust mites on pillows do not like feather and down filling, foam fillings are great for them to multiply and then you breathe in their droppings all night. Of which most people do not have a problem with.

I changed to a feather and down pillow and it has made a huge difference to my husband. We had to buy two as although I don't suffer from this - the dust mites will go from pillow to pillow. (?)

I was going to change the duvet next if this didn't work (I am as desperate as him!)

However, he is already much better.

I also stopped all tea  (including the healthy green) as it too can contain a lot of dust. Many tea workers have asthma and AR. We were drinking a lot of tea too.

He is now not using any steroids or inhaler or nasal washes. 

We introduced tea a week ago and the AR was back with a vengeance within the hour.

I hope this helps someone. I still do not believe it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.