Allergy-like symptoms during peri

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has ananyone experienced allergy-like symptoms during period? Sometimes I sound like my nose is stuffy when I talk although I don't have to blow my nose. I also sometimes sound like my voice is hoarse. Anyone else get this? 

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. even though I haven't had a period for over a year whenI have (what I refer to as fake PMS) my allergies are really bad. 
  • Posted

I think we all just move to the Bahamas! This is the pits eh?! haha  

I thought I was dying.  I started to have allergies a few years back.  My eyes were sooo dry and irritable,  my legs became so itchy but went away, sneezing, that's only a short list of these damn premenopausal symptoms.  These symptoms do pop up and they will eventually go away they say so don't fret.  We will be normal again one day!  

• Posted

Yes Dottie i agree on the Bahamas!!!Do you have sensitive eyes to sunlight also?There are days I think my eyes are gunna pop out of my head and then headache creeps up!!I wish all this would pass very fast...
    • Posted

Yeah, I get the tight eye feeling and am sensitive to light as well. It is very uncomfortable.
    • Posted

I have the unfortunate fate to live in Louisville, Kentucky allergy capital of America! Lol! I keep telling my hubby we need to pack up the kids and move to my hometown in New York city.
    • Posted

Oh boy!!Poor thing...i live in the great Illinois and they are bad here this year!!!Hope you get to feeling better soon...
  • Posted

I just want to survive this and then celebrate in the Bahamas!! :D

But by the time I do survive this I will be an old lady and not feel like doing anything anyways! wawa. I am 47 and feeling 97! haha

• Posted

Haha. This made me smile. I'm 49 and this morning I told my husband I feel 93!
    • Posted

I have nausea every morning.  Morning sickness.  My mother in law said maybe you are pregnant laughing.  No sympathy from anybody.  sad hehe My husband is really good and feels bad. I am house bound.  I don't even have a tan.  My mom didn't have any symptoms and stopped bleeding just like that.  I am down to 1/2 a day with hardly anything.  I hope this will be over soon so I can get some sun! smile
    • Posted

Oh bleas you Dottie..

morning sickness that cant be nice at all... my mum was a quick one too, all done and dusted in two years and by the age of 44.. natural way.. no HRT.

Try some ginger tabs they are good for sickness feelings..

have a google ,.. and B6 get some of that down you asap if your not doing that already

Jay xx

• Posted

Oh thanks jayjay! <3

i take a daily centrum performance vitamin and drink ensure energy vitamin drink and bought a treadmill cause my body is expanding smile. i am so hungry and thirsty... food tastes sooooooo damn good! smile

my doc never said to take anything else. i take="" a="" daily="" centrum="" performance="" vitamin="" and="" drink="" ensure="" energy="" vitamin="" drink="" and="" bought="" a="" treadmill="" cause="" my="" body="" is="" expanding="" smile.="" i="" am="" so="" hungry="" and="" thirsty...="" food="" tastes="" sooooooo="" damn="" good!="" smile. ="" my="" doc="" never="" said="" to="" take="" anything="">

i take a daily centrum performance vitamin and drink ensure energy vitamin drink and bought a treadmill cause my body is expanding smile. i am so hungry and thirsty... food tastes sooooooo damn good! smile

my doc never said to take anything else.>

• Posted

Hi Dottie

well if yoj feel sick, ginger tabs are excellent... and B6 is a must, Doctors should be telling you to take calcium and vit D for bone protection and I am just about to get Vit K2 for bones too..

Vit B 6 is amazing and we lack it big time in peri.. and it assists the peri weight too, I lost no end of weight.. and I didnt even need too.. 

I also take... Menapol Plus x two daily,  Maca, vit B6 150mg daily, Iron, Vit B12, Natecal ( vit D and calcium mix), Doctors ar e sometimes not very forward about what we need.. but when i was fisrt peri 10 years ago, the B6 the doc prescribed for me and told me to take Calcium and Vit D for bone protection.. I didnt thrn realise the B6 was so important as same thing ... he never said so I didnt bother with it.. if only I had known then what I know now. its the little bit of magic that changes my life since April..

also.. magnesium I take for hot flushes, as these came back when I stopped taking it.. 

not sure what yours contain what you take.. but think about it..

and ginger tabs deffo.. feel better you will.... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Dottie

found what yours centrum performance contain.. not nearly enough B6 or B12 for sure... not especially for peri menopause i dont think, they are an all rounder for everyone.....  maybe you need to have a change for more peri type of vits if your feeling yukky... dont feel yuk... 😩 they are obviously not helping much ... bless you...

Vitamin A (RE)     800 μg     100 %

Vitamin E (α - TE)     26.8 mg     223 %

Vitamin C     120 mg     150 %

Vitamin K     25 μg     33 %

Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)     4.2 mg     382 %

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)     4.8 mg     343 %

Vitamin B6     6 mg     429 %

Vitamin B12     18 μg     720 %

Vitamin D     5 μg     100 %

Biotin     40 μg     80 %

Folic Acid     400 μg     200 %

Niacin (NE)     36 mg     225 %

Pantothenic Acid     10 mg     167 %

Iron     14 mg     100 %

Iodine     150 μg     100 %

Copper     700 μg     70 %

Manganese     4 mg     200 %

Chromium     120 μg     300 %

Molybdenum     75 μg     150 %

Selenium     70 μg     127 %

Zinc     7.5 mg     75 %

Ginkgo Biloba Extract †     60 mg     - ••

Ginseng Extract †     50 mg     - ••

• Posted

Oh great list JayJay I had to use a magnifying glass to read the bottle here haha. Maybe my doctor came from a Cracker Jack box?  Could be.  :D

I just started the vitamins last week.  I asked my doc about B12 and she never said anything.  Just take a daily vitamin she said...plus the Ensure vitamin drink was good enough.  I was vomitting too with the nausea so the vitamins are helping cause I haven't barfed since.  I am not a pill popper unless I really need to but I heard about B 12 but my doc said dont need it.  auggghhhh

• Posted

Hey JayJay did some research smile. There is 26% of B12 in the Ensure drink.and the same for calcium.  I may be okay then eh?  I drink that Ensure everyday and my multi vitamin.  
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

no disrespect but your doctor sounds hopeless... ...

i give up with them... ' got all the gear and no idea'

been trila, error and research for me.. tried and tested 😃

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks JayJay you could be right there haha  I will seek something new cause I feel like crap.  I am too young to die :D
    • Posted

Hey JayJay what's up?  smile  I see B12 is great for vertigo and dizziness. I have dizziness 24/7.  I was diagnosed vertigo by the doc in the hospital emergency I went cause I was throwing up so much so dehydrated.  More vitamins will surely help me.  Thank you for your expertise!! I shall live to see 98!!! smile
    • Posted

Hi Dottie

i have B12 injections... i have one every 2 weeks... they are Optovite B12.

the celebs have them for energy and youth ... even simon cowell 😀

hahahaha

yes its good for alot of things, and we lack that too.

I use to take Jarrows 5000mcg B12 they were the strongest.. so with the B6 and B12 ... i am pretty dandy... also my nails blimey never been so long and strong, a woman asked me where i had my nails done last night she thought they were glued on ... normally they are splitting and bend ... but now hahaha they look fab.. Jay xx

• Posted

Hey JayJay with fab nails to boot!  smile

I thought Simon looked sexier!! He actually seemed happy too! :o

I can get B6 pill form? Should I get B12 pill form? I'll get calcium too.

My daughter is working at Walmart right now and asked her to bring me home some drugs :D 

• Posted

hahahahahaha Dottie

you make me laugh ...

yeah B6 take 150mg daily.. feel the dread lift away yay 😀

Jay xx

• Posted

Dottie

bedtime here in spain so talk to you soon...

off to get an automatic pool cleaner tomorrow hahahaha so I dont have to do it... manual method using up all my B6 and B12 energy .... 😀

Jay xx

• Posted

Oh JayJay I am glad you laughed.  Hopefully I will one day. smile. I asked my daughter to talk to the pharmacist or even the walk in clinic they have and she will bring me home good drugs.  :D yuppers

Should I go back to the family doctor to get injections. blech sad

• Posted

Night night JayJay don't let the bedbugs bite (my mom used to say that to me every night)

God no don't use up those energy vitamins.  Maybe next year you will get a pool boy!  smile

• Posted

Thank you to my lady in Spain.  smile. It's 6 am here.  Took my many vitamins and feel the best I ever had.  No nausea and no dizziness!  I had vitamin deficiency.  Ya know if mama ain't happy...nobody is happy!  :D
    • Posted

Hi Dottie ...

wow you feel abit better already... thats fab..

if you have been feeling abit nausious... Ginger tablets cure that.. 

hahaha you will be rattling like me soon..

I tried to get some Vit K2 today, for the bones ... dont want them cracking ..

i take Calcium and VitD ( Natecal) chewy they are for bone health..

but also Vit K2 is very good for bone strength too... but had no joy finding any, so amazon uk have them, so better get my order in ...

take care Jay xx

• Posted

Greetings doctor jay jay!   yup feel better already.  Even made pancakes for Breakfast! smile. Didn't have nausea this morning nor dizziness.  I have been suffering since March.  I am on the mend!  B12 is good for vertigo and dizziness.   Yup knowledge is powerful eh?  Doctors can kiss my behind! haha. I will just give my friend JayJay a ring! I had to go all the way to Spain to find this out.  Thank you!  xxoo
    • Posted

Hi Dottie..

blimey they worked quick for you, your body must have appreciated that then... keep it up... and pancakes for brekky.. yes please..

i bought some more magnesium today couldnt find the K2 here..

my magnesium i use now is efferevescant, plop it on a glass with water and drink it.. i got a different one today also has abit ( just abit) of B6 in too hahahaha thought brill ... cant go wrong on that ...  keeps my hot flushes at bay magnesium, i took it for years in tablet form, never had a hot flush, and stopped taking it... and good god i started having about up to 20 day flushes or flashes as you know them as a day, and now thats sorting its self again, maybe have the odd one, but it is roasting here in spain at the moment..

AC is on big time... 

so what are you taking Dottie 150mg B6 a day ? what B12 did you get..

Jay xx

• Posted

My lovely friend in Spain,

If you get a pool boy you'd have even more hot flashes! haha

i will tell you what I took this morning:  One of each Jamieson Brand, Omega red super krill, calcium, B12 250 mcg, vitamin D 25 mcg, B6 100 mg, multi vitamin Centrum Performance, one a day fruit-ssentials gummie multi vitamin.  I don't take any other medications and eat lotsa fruit and try to drink 2 big glasses of water everyday.  Maybe I overdosed? smile

• Posted

Hi Dottie

Nice one, i got my fruit today .... Think i eat half a melon a day at the min and grapes are fab here at the moment.. Didnt get my auto pool vac , out of stock, typical, the put them on offer and sell out .. Going to another store tomorrow evening see if they have one.. 😢

Off to get some shut eye now, gone midnight here .. Take care Jay x 

• Posted

Morning JJ,

So that list is good then?  I read Magesium is great too.  Eating fruit helps my nausea so eat lots early in the morning but didn't need fruit this morning! smile It's wierd but with premeno I crave for fruit.  I never did before.  Somebody up there loves me after all. hehe. I thought I was dying.  Let's talk soccer....

I was embarrassed as I love soccer.  Watched most of it cause I was couch bound with nausea.  Canada couldn't even round up a team.  Think Canada itself is hopeless dear! smile

• Posted

Hi JJ  Chewing gum helped with my nausea because my mouth was sooo damn dry in the mornings so the gum freshened so didn't feel like vomitting smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.