Allergy-like symptoms during peri

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has ananyone experienced allergy-like symptoms during period? Sometimes I sound like my nose is stuffy when I talk although I don't have to blow my nose. I also sometimes sound like my voice is hoarse. Anyone else get this? 

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes i too get a stuffy nose but dosent need blowing and i get sinus problems which i never suffered with before. My face ache and i know i'm going to get a bad headache and yes like the others ladies mention my eyes get sensitive to light and feel they are being pulled out my head. I have noticed only recently my voice can become hoarse and i have to have a little cough to clear it.  I dont know if anyonr else gets this or its just me but i'm forever choking and it can be whilst i'm eating or drinking or even on thin air and i really choke like i can't breath for coughing, i have to have a big drink of water so now i have a fear of choking to death and have a bottle of water with me all the time. WHY WHY us when we have enough to put up with.  sending you a Friday hug x
    • Posted

Yes anxiousface I to get that...just a drink and all of a sudden im coughing till my throat feels raw...All this is so strange...lol And i also get a tickle in my throat alot anymore...
    • Posted

hi laurie and sharcerv, thanks for your reply, glad i'm not the only one, its really scary when  choking and my eyes are watering, i think my family think i'm a drama queen but we just can't help it can we.  I get the tickle mostly at night when i'm either trying to get to sleep or it wakes me, i think i sleep with my mouth open which wont help. take care both x
    • Posted

Yeah I get that choking and gagging while trying to sleep too. Annoys my hubby to no end.
    • Posted

How weird. Me too. I am almost dropping off and then I start to cough. I get watery uncomfortable eyes and have recently developed a bit of hayfever - never had it before
  • Posted

Hi Sharcerv

yes.. with me, i am fine, and all of a sudden my nose will stream out of no where, only the odd occasion and only once ... 

weird isnt it... Jay xx

• Posted

This is progesterone allergy, aka 'autoimmune progesterone dermatitis' (APD) I guess. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.