Allowances

Posted , 8 users are following.

Me again. Don't know about anyone else but I think this awful nasty phase should be classed as a proper illness and I think doctors should give us all long term sick notes so we don't have to struggle on working. The last thing we need to worry about is money when we feel so ill all the time. I know it's not much but even a small amount would help so we didn't have to struggle to even get up in the mornings, why are we just expected to struggle on and on its so hard to even open the car door and drive down the road - anyone else ? xx

5 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, absolutely. Along with all the physical symptoms we also struggle with anxiety and depression. This is debilitating for a lot of women and I happen to be one of them. Never been so sick in my entire liferolleyes.
    • Posted

Oh Kathryn you poor thing, have you been able to see your doctor about how you feel ? X
    • Posted

Yes..I am on Lopreeza for HRT but I just started so waiting to see a difference. So far a slight difference but I am still super depressed.
    • Posted

Hi , I hope you really feel so much better soon, I wish I could have it 😥
  • Posted

Hi...I totally agree. I am 48 and I feel so crappy somedays I really push myself to work as I am self employed and no work equals no money. And we need my income. I talk myself through the anxiety daily when all I want to do is go home. I feel so fatigued..get fluey a lot...headaches...heavy periods...light periods...palpitations..indigestion...regular but every month is an adventure. I never know what each day will bring. Somedays I am fine but more often than not I just feel ill. Had all the blood tests and all normal. It would be great if there was some sort of allowance for this...great idea!
    • Posted

I'm self employed too and it's hard. Like you say no work no money - we struggle on and it's about time it was recognised as a debilitating illness because that's exactly what it is !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.