Almost 11 weeks post op Anterior approach

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been a while since I posted.  Just thought I’d see if anyone else started experiencing a little pain and discomfort after about 9 weeks.  I seemed to be doing really well and now have weakness in my upper thigh and a bit of soreness on my hip itself.  I’m just wondering if this is normal for any others that had these symptoms.  What did you do to make it better.  It almost feels like it did in week 3, even though I’m able to walk without any assistance.  Thought it was all on the upswing, but now I feel like I’m going backwards.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i too am at 11 weeks post hip replacement! the last few days i have been in so much pain. still doing exercises and taking a very shirt walk everyday. i dont have much stamina yet eirher! the pain is getting to be so annoying in my operated lleft hip and my lower back, So frustrating. When do they say we should feel some relief and start to feel human again? i can walk around without any canes and walker now it still walk pretty slow.When can i expect some relief and no more pain in operated left hip!!!!!??????? i am supposed to get right hip done next.... ut with all the past elective

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.