Almost 8 weeks post open myomectomy and still in pain

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi ladies

I am 30years old, with no kids and not planning to have any.

I had an open myomectomy, cystoscopy and hysteroscopy done on the 18th of Feb.

10 fibroids were removed, the biggest being the size of a golf ball.

I have been recovering nicely, my incision is closed and neat but I am still in a lot of pain by my sides, sometimes shooting pain, back pain almost daily, pain when my bladder is full.

My belly is very swollen aswell.

My pains are worse afternoons to the night.

Have been to my checkups, dr said all will improve with time.

My 2nd period is about to start and my whole body aches as if I have just had my op.

wondering if any of you ladies are experiencing the same things, just always helpful and encouraging to know that there are others going through what I am.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello,

its august 15th 2022... anyone there? whoever replied can you give some updates?

• Edited

Hi ladies!

glad to see the questions and responses.

I have also had myomectomy on June 10, 2023. it is my 5th week going on.. I had periods right after the surgery for about 5 days, not after that so far.

yes I am also having pains in abdomen my largest fibroid was 12 × 10 cm and a total of four fibroids have been removed. although my outer suture is almost healed, but feel like stabbing pain sometimes in abdomen on right side. also facing frequent urination and pain when bladder is full. I was worried about all the things, called my surgeon to ask about periods not coming...she says it is absolutely fine, just focus on your recovery and diet .

all of your experiences are really helpful . may all you be blessed with good health.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.