Alpha Brainwaves

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on You Tube today and found quite a few alpha brainwave tracks.

Just type in: alpha brainwaves music on the search bar on You Tube.

Melbi

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

:P smile Awe..... :ta: Melbi......its good!!
  • Posted

Thank you Melbi. This is really practical, positive, helpful. xx
  • Posted

:shock: Melbi/Nreezman.......I cant stop shaking...doom has hit [b:e692c777c6]again! YAWN!

Is this ever going to stop?[/b:e692c777c6]

• Posted

[quote:daee72095e=\"Breezman\"]Thank you Melbi. This is really practical, positive, helpful. xx[/quote:daee72095e]

You are welcome. smile

I just wish my cd would hurry up and arrive.

I think the side effects are subsiding now but still left with the problem I went to my GP about. I CAN'T SLEEP!

I read on the internet while researching insomnia that while going to sleep if your mind won't 'turn off' to say 'the' each time you start thinking about things. I tried it last night - pfft! I ended up saying 'the' constantly because if I didn't say it my mind raced!

the, the, the, the, the, the, the, the........

Perhaps I should try a longer work like[size=18:daee72095e][color=red:daee72095e][b:daee72095e] supercalifragilisticexpalidocious[/b:daee72095e][/color:daee72095e][/size:daee72095e]

Melbi x

• Posted

[quote:c32f18c101=\"Tiny Tears\"]:shock: Melbi/Nreezman.......I cant stop shaking...doom has hit [b:c32f18c101]again! YAWN!

Is this ever going to stop?[/b:c32f18c101][/quote:c32f18c101]

[b:c32f18c101]Yes Katy it IS going to stop! When YOU let it stop?

Why does depression have such a powerful hold over us? Why do we allow it to take over our lives? Why do we focus more on the crap in our lives than the good things in our lives?

Why is crap stronger than good?

Stay strong Katy - you CAN fight this terrible demon.

Love

Melbi x[/b:c32f18c101]

• Posted

To Katy,

It does seem at times that it's all just too much bother. I have found (when I'm wide awake at 3:00 am) that reading anything by P G Wodehouse is good. One of the factors of depression is the inability to organise our thinking. If you can find a way to take some time out, such as a funny book, it may calm you down enough to sleep or at least get your smile back, brief though it may be. I used to shake so much that I could not drink hot tea, only water through a straw. I had involuntary muscle spasms, head sweats, electric shock sensations in my hands ... it was horrible. I was taking Efexor at the time and was changed to Citalopram from that. Perhaps your psychiatrist can change your medication to something more effective for you?

If nothing changes, nothing changes. There is a way to enjoyment of your life, you must only persist til you find it. Hang in there Katy. If you can realise that an imbalance of Seratonin in the brain can cause depression, perhaps you can see that this is not your fault and that if only you can address this imbalance many of the problems will vanish.

Look after you, know that your problems are shared by many and that there is a way through the fog. xx

• Posted

smile [b:43898dac2d]Thanks Melbi!

I am doing well, staying of the booze and starting to eat little nibbles......LIKE CHOCOLATE!!! :D :D But my body is aching, ilook like ive had a bottle of vodka/gin and whisky this morning!!!

Ive not yet made an appointment with W/A, or my GP for that matter, as I am feeling really indecisive!!!!Confused!!!

does anybody else feeling like time is passing them by so quickly, or if it is not passing us by fast, its painfully slow????

Anyway, I just want to hide, I dont want to face the world! But i am not allowed to feel this was...nope, if I carry on sinking lower, god knows what will happen to me and my family..NO.....I have to take control..(I just do not know how!). :blackcat: [/b:43898dac2d]

• Posted

:D Breezman said[quote:662f504ab2]\"I used to shake so much, I couldnt have a cup of tea\"[/quote:662f504ab2]

Made me laugh! 8) Who needs a drink problem , when you shake so bad you cant get it in your mouth :lol:

Feeling a bit (bluh!) I might try and start taking this in the morning as I had doen before, i think its weraing of by afternoon!

God......decisions??????????????????

• Posted

[quote:2076079c82=\"Tiny Tears\"]:\"[/quote:2076079c82]

Made me laugh! 8) Who needs a drink problem , when you shake so bad you cant get it in your mouth :lol:

LOL Katy, s'pose that's one cure! :shock:

• Posted

Tiny Tears, glad you laughed. Melbi, I have tried Valium to get me to sleep and it works if I take one each night for 3 nights in a row. It took me years to work out how to get back on track with sleeping, though I will never be a \"regular\" person. If I get 5 hours straight I'm very happy, whether it starts at 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm or midnight.

Keep trying to find out what works for you. I hope the new American stuff you're trying works. Take care. xx

• Posted

Thanks Breezman.

My GP gave me some valium a few weeks ago but they did nothing at all for me. In fact after a few nights I took ALL remaining tablets desperate for some sleep - even that didn't work.

I hope I don't need any operations in the very near future lol I doubt even the anaesthetic would knock me out! :oops:

It isn't the thought of not sleeping though bacause that Saturday night that I did sleep come Sunday night I was convinced I had overcome the insomnia so really did think I would sleep again. Alas! I did not! :cry:

Melbi x

• Posted

Melbi, please remember that life is a journey. Your insomnia will pass when you find appropriate medication to get back into a \"normal\" (for you) sleep pattern. I read your \"Don't Do It\" post. Please don't ever take more tablets than prescribed. Look how the world mourns the loss of Heath Ledger. We are not famous people perhaps, but we would be mourned as much, by fewer people.

Perhaps your GP could prescribe something like Mogadon. They put me back on track after years of poor sleep habits. It is worth it to keep trying until you find the answer. I don't get much restful sleep, but I'm working on it. Please don't OD out of desperation.

You have given a lot in a short time to this forum Melbi. I recall a quote, source unknown, \"If we don't hang together, we'll all hang separately\". We are a caring community. Look after you too. xx

• Posted

Hi Breezman

My doctor will never give me enough tablets to OD on. I have a history of depression and OD's. :cry:

In the past I have often thought about harming myself enough to end it all but I haven't had any thoughts like that since last March when I planned to take a walk in the woods with a large bottle of vodka and a couple of paracetamol to keep me company. Thankfully I didn't go through with it. If I had I wouldn't be here now and I would have never met my gorgeous granddaughter.

The herbal tablets I ordered from America arrived this morning 'Great Night Sleep'. They contain melatonin - so fingers crossed tonight I will get some sleep.

They absolutely pong and look YUK!

I am so glad I found this place - just knowing others are experiencing the same feelings as I have been is a great support.

Still feeling good by the way :D

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi,

Should I say \"Good morning\"? Did you have a \"Great Nights' Sleep\"?

Am hoping you can report so. xx

• Posted

Morning Breezman and all

Okay, took 2 tablets as directed on the bottle 30 minutes before I planned on going to bed.

When I went to bed I certainly felt 'different'. Very relaxed, in fact so relaxed lol, I had forgotten to take my asthma spray but my body just didnt want to move to get it! My arms, legs - even neck and shoulders felt like lead weights!

It took me roughly 2 hours to fall asleep. When I did, I experienced some very vivid dreams. Not scary ones - but extremely vivid ones.

I woke at just after 4am this morning and unable to go back to sleep so now up with large mug of coffee (going to be a long day)

I am in touch with some guy from the site where I bought the tablets via email (lol I swear I could get the Queen to be in touch with me via emails)

Anyway, he sent me an email yesterday wishing me luck with the tablets and to keep him informed of my prgress. I have just emailed him to ask if perhaps I could increase the dose tonight because they definitely did something - just not enough to make me drift off to sleep.

Now despite it taking me a couple of hours to drift off, and waking so early, I don't feel half as tired as I normally do in a morning.

I will keep you informed of their success/failure.

Here's hoping my CD arrives today :roll:

By the way, I have woke up in the same mood as yesterday - I'm feeling pretty human - what a scary thought LOL :whistle:

Melbi x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.