Alteration of Taste

Posted , 14 users are following.

Been on prednisone/methylprednisolone for 2 years now for my PMR (currently on 11mg methyl).

I made a mug of coffee this morning and it tasted so salty that I had to throw it out. Made another mug and same deal.

Thinking it might be something at my house I went to a friends house and tried a cup there and again it was too salty for me to enjoy.

I think it might be the prednisone and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  BTW...Last night at dinner everything tasted fine.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello scotth42

Yes i have intermittently had what i would describe as 'distorted' taste - sufficient for me to also think something was wrong with what i was drinking or eating - although not necessarily a 'salty' flavour. Fortunately this seems to havd dissipated as i have tapered down so I am assuming it is Pred - but also possibly PMR/GCA related - so hard to tell between all the variables ! But not pleasant at all ...

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.