always in worry and anxiety mode :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello I'm 47 and it seems I constantly live my life worrying. Anxiety attacks are horrible especially night when its time for sleep. I've heard where peri can cause joint pains etc.. But it seems when I notice a pain it sticks with me and I go in panic mode thinking the worse thing possible. I have insurance but can't afford a doctors visit right now Im 3 months behind getting my thyroid rechecked. Back in April my husband lost his job it  was 4 months before he found another. I recently starting taking both the b vitamins and vitimin d should I continue my multi vitamin also I don't wanna od on anything. I know you all probably think I'm crazy I feel like it sometimes. I never open up like this on here but I know there are lots of sweet and caring people on here who are not here to judge. Thanks for caring about others. Anybody ever had the same feelings?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Firstly have a hug Donna, you sound like you need one and you are certainly not along. Hop onto Debbie's thread where we are all supporting each other with anxiety.
  • Posted

Donna,

Yes all of what you are describing is normal for perimenopause and beyond!  It is a vicious cycle, once the anxiety takes over you are hypersensitve to your body aliments and then your mind takes you in all crazy thoughts, many women unfortunately experience it.  Compound that with life stresses and you have a huge cocktail for a panic attack!  Can you call your doctor and speak with them over the phone or a nurse in the office, sometimes that will alleviate your concerns.  I hope you feel better and try to relax and let this pass, because it will. I hope this helped you.  No judgements, no worries, we all are in the same boat here!  

Hugs to you,  Loretta.

• Posted

Thank you Loretta and thanks to you and everyone who has taken the time to read and reply smile
  • Posted

Oh donna middlemuddle is right. Everyone supports each other here so you'll get some great advice and support on debbies thread 
  • Posted

Have you thought about going onto the forum about anxiety.  It may be that others who suffer can give you some good advice that may help you.  It is pointless for people to tell you not to worry when you undoubtably will.  I have been there and you first have to be kind to yourself and understand that while some anxieties are justified others are not and you need to try to understand the difference.  Health is always a big worry for me and it can take over a little and you can get things out of proportion.  You are not crazy just in need of some help.  If you get none from this site then visit your GP.  I did several years ago when I was menopausal and was worried that they would laugh at me, I even had to talk to a doctor who I had previously thought a bit aloof.  I was so surprised when he not only understood what I was saying but was able to offer some excellent advice and some help.  Good luck Donna, you will always be welcome to chat on this and any other forum and I hope one of the other lovely members can give you some helpful advice.  Keep us updated
    • Posted

Thank you Christy and thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. smile
  • Posted

Hi Donna ,you've joined a club Meno one ,all you describe is what we all have connected with this .Your on the B Vits that's good  why would we think you crazy ,it's what menopause do ,Jay got a list of 66 up ,that would help relieve some of your worries ,go back prior August ,that's roughly when Jay placed it ,good read it is ,so go check it up .Comes under 66 symptoms to menopause .Stay looking in ,see what's said okay .
    • Posted

Lol sorry I meant love you all!
  • Posted

Donna,

You are definitely not alone sweetie and this is a great forum to learning some coping skills and just to know you definitely are not crazy and not alone. We are all going through our own little hell with perimenopause. I have taken advice on here with the vitamin supplements and they have helped. I take B6, B12, Vit E, Vit D3, multivitamin, iron during my period and what really made a difference is when I started taking a magnesium,zinc & calcium supplement, it's all in one. Also, knowing my symptoms are all a normal part of hormone changes have helped me calm myself down, also my daughter and husband help me through them. The only symptom that is really bothersome is the indigestion. I get this fluttering feeling in my chest, no pain, just gas and have to belch and burp for hours at a time. I don't have my gallbladder so I know it's not that. It's embarrassing to say the least..lol. Anyway, hang in there and come onto the forum and talk it out. Everyone is here to support you...God Bless and have a good day sweetie.

• Posted

Thank you Nancy oh and that's another thing it seems I keep indigestion. I never thought going through Peri would be so horrible. I was a worry wart before now this has made it ten times worse. Thanks again lady's are great!
    • Posted

Sorry meant you ladies are great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.