always in worry and anxiety mode :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello I'm 47 and it seems I constantly live my life worrying. Anxiety attacks are horrible especially night when its time for sleep. I've heard where peri can cause joint pains etc.. But it seems when I notice a pain it sticks with me and I go in panic mode thinking the worse thing possible. I have insurance but can't afford a doctors visit right now Im 3 months behind getting my thyroid rechecked. Back in April my husband lost his job it  was 4 months before he found another. I recently starting taking both the b vitamins and vitimin d should I continue my multi vitamin also I don't wanna od on anything. I know you all probably think I'm crazy I feel like it sometimes. I never open up like this on here but I know there are lots of sweet and caring people on here who are not here to judge. Thanks for caring about others. Anybody ever had the same feelings?

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I hope you are feeling slightly better and little reassured, I know those feelings of anxiety and worry only too well.  Loss of a job never helps, so pleased he has found another job, hope it's all going well.

One thing I will say about B vitamins depending on the formula is that they can sometimes increase levels of anxiety.  I have noticed that certain supplements containing potassium iodide can also sometimes not help. IMHO.

adies on this forum are very helpful with supplements, and I know that several will say that chelated magnesium is very helpful, it more easily absorbed into the system.  I have tried magnesium and does help, expecially with thyroid issues, both over and underactive.

What I find helps me at the moment is lemon balm tea or lime flowers tea.  Lime flowers is excellent for promoting calmness and aids sleep.  Lemon balm is wonderful because it really helps with cognitive issues, helps with stomach, and also the thyoid, it is herb that some herbalists use to normalise thyroid function.

The tea is particularly helpful very gently and will help you sleep, just takes the edge of everthing. In times of stress it can be so useful.  I always think that herbal teas are very effective and less of a risk than taking tinctures, IMHO.

I don't know what healthfood stores you have but do look out for lemon balm or lime flowers(linden), someone will be able to help you with this.

I would say just try to be kind to yourself, don't doubt yourself, it's just a phase that will pass...

XX

• Posted

Thank you highlands for that onformation. Is the tea something that can only be found in herb stores or is it local stores as well?
  • Posted

Hi Donna,

So sorry to hear of your anxiety and worries 😢 it really is a nightmare isn't it and as all the lovely ladies on here will tell you, your definitely not alone ! It's such a common complaint with the perimenopause ! Have you tried Magnesium for the anxiety it's very good, also helps with sleep ! sending you a big hug 😘  Take Care sweetheart x

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the specific product details as we do not allow repeated posting of product names in the forums. If users wish to exchange details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Thank you Debbie all you ladies are awesome at showing support and giving advice. Thanks again smile
  • Posted

Hi, sorry should have said also online, lemon balm is not commonly sold in supermarkets, however everywhere is different.  It should not be expensive either.

As an example a box of lime flower tea bags costs me around £2.75 for 20, and does last a few weeks, that is the more expensive tea I have come across.  

I have just had a look and you can buy lemon balm tea on line for £1.99, cheaper in US.

H&B do a licorice and lemon balm tea for £1.74 as an example.  I think however simple lemon balm tea is very effective.  Also sage and lemon myrtle tea maybe helpful for some too.

I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you Highlands, that was so kind of you to take the time to look that up. Thanks again smile
  • Posted

You are very welcome, I am sure you will find relief just taking some tea, I know what a difference it can make, especially lemon balm, wonderful herb - I find it really helps me feel balanced, calm, such a difference.  You can buy it in tincture form, but really I would try the tea to begin with.

Lime flowers tea is brilliant for helping with sleep too. 

I know what it's like re. anxiety and worry, if I am not worrying, I am worried that I am not worrying, as daft as that may sound. smile

I hope you can find the teas,  they should not cost too much at all, and really well worth it.

Take care!

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.