Always Thinking He's Cheating

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello peoples. I keep having this issue, where even after looking through my boyfriend's phone a couple of times (horrible? I know), I keep feeling like he's cheating on me. After I started seeming like I was accusing him, he started accusing me. If he doesn't talk to me, for a long time, during the day, I'll think he's cheating or something. I always get proven wrong. I'm just so afraid of being cheated on. And I feel like my anxiety is always getting the best of me. But today, it was bad. I woke up around 12pm, saw that my boyfriend read my message on Kik Messenger (one I sent around 3 in the morning; we stay up late), and he didn't reply. At 5:45pm, I decided to message him again, and he replied at 6:09pm, saying he was trying to sleep (he gets woken up a lot, cause there's a lot of people in his house). He read my message, and still hasn't said anything. He can't be sleeping for that long. It's 3:37am. God, I worry too much. sad

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Kayla: In the past, I have had the same thing.  Your anxiety plays tricks on your mind and makes you very insecure.  You get suspicious because you are anxious and waiting for the "other shoe to drop", as they say.  I found out that the more you accuse him of cheating, the more likely he is to cheat.  Try to put that int he back of your mind, and try to trust him.  The best way to lose him to be checking up on him all the time...Lesson learned...my husband divorced me for always checking up on him....I am now single, and because of my severe anxiety, will probably stay that way...Good luck, sweetie....HUGS.
  • Posted

feeling any better?
    • Posted

Calming myself down and continuously trying to think rational. I thought about how if he is cheating on me, then he doesn't deserve me, and there's always someone better for me... I don't think he is, though.
  • Posted

Hi kayla,i have still same problem,when i text him and if he answer me late,i will make a fight or sth like dat,even now from last night we dont talk any more becuz of this,i know he is not cheating but i still have my stupid thoughts,i like to check his last seen on whatsapp,i hate to be paranoid like dis but i cant be normal too
    • Posted

I do the same thing, like you do with the Whatsapp. I do that on Fb (that isn't very accurate, though. He wakes up, checks his phone, then falls back asleep). I wish I could trust more, but with this anxiety and being betrayed before..it's hard.. He has the same problem, because his ex of 3 year's, cheated on him a few times and was lying a lot. My personality is a lot like hers, so naturally, he's worried. rolleyes
    • Posted

You all know the old saying..."let them go, and if they don't come back, they were never yours to start with"...something like that.  It took me years and years to realize that NO man is worth ruining you life for...Sweetie, try to have your hormones checked, too...when they get off balance, you become very paranoid....happened to me, back when I had hormones...LOl....
    • Posted

Yeaa exactyl becuz of being betrayed in the past and anxiety
    • Posted

Exact same issue and hes a cancer and im a Sagittarius ive learned that we both have difficulties trusting each other but i knoe once we BOTH start itll be hella good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.