Am I alone?? Perimenopause so bad i've been hospitalized.

Posted , 28 users are following.

It's a very long story but I will try to keep it shortened. I am now 49 just about to turn 50 but this has been going on for years. i remember the yrs of itching skin like ants crawling and biting, then suddenly it disappeared and i didn't think of it again.

It started in 2013 I had been getting severe electric like shocks in the top/ back of my head, so painful my legs sometimes buckled. it was fleeting so i never saw a Dr. then started to get a numbness in my left ear which would also disappear. The head shock hit hard one afternoon and again gone. i went to bed that night and woke with a completely dead left arm, feeling came back but it was never the same. i went to the drs i had CT scans, nothing. I was referred to a neurologist. while waiting. I was hit with severe neck pain, body pain, numbness and burning on the left side of my face and arm. then i was hit with severe hot flushes that were more like waves of fire, none stop. Then i was hit with what felt like a severe ongoing UTI (no infection) Migraines, vertigo, burning mouth, anxiety through the roof, insomnia... I was and am in so much pain but Drs weren't listening to me. eventually i was put on HRT and hot flashes settled but nothing else. I had MRI blood tests etc for MS, Lupus etc results came up nothing... so i have been treated like a mental patient. I am sorry to say that i fulfilled their assumptions of me when i could take no more and overdosed. I was in hospital for 5-6wks.

Since then i have been put on Carbamazepine to stop the burning sensations which it has, in combination with duloxetine for anxietyand pain and metazepine for insomnia and combo for pain plus pain relief panadiene forte as well as the HRT. My Dr has told me flat out perimenopause and menopause do not cause pain (Dr is male) i have no other dr to go to in my town. I feel very alone as no one i know not even family members have or are suffering as I am. Is there anyone out there like me? or am i truly alone in this?

6 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello

you are not alone i start at 45 and im 49 now and i had have all symptons just the abdominal pain like indigestion and i have a small hiatal hernia tbat is active . my headaches , diziness, itchy crawly skin, numbenes, joint pain on the left side is been a pain in my a&&. my periods are steady but it seems are 2x a months.

• Posted

It's horrible what we are having to go through with very little help. I'm going through symptoms again now and its awful and driving me insane. we should be enjoying this part of our lives but i hate it.

• Posted

Hi shylee

Sorry for late reply, I cant breathe 24/7 due to stomach acid and its knock me out as I cant either.

The bleed was back in june but the fact I was off hrt raised a flag. She said it could be endometrium hyplasia thickening of the endomertrium. Im not worried, im as such a loss for the past 4 years and before that I had the run up to it all falling apart, that ive given up hope. I just do what I can and thats supposed to me enough lol

Xc

• Edited

you are not alone. I experienced most of your symptoms and more. it's horrific. a nightmare and yes, purgatory was a good word for it. like the others, I don't understand it. I used to be a funny, loving, happy woman until the gradual onset of all these health problems that unless caused by a bug around my mid thirties, then has to be hormones. I don't even remember what it's like to feel normal or to have energy and not be scared to do too much bc of increased symptoms. I look at people enjoying their lives and I feel jealous. I.m in the prime of my life. I was in the process of starting a business , pursing a passion of mine and hearing up for my time without children. Then I start to experience typical things like night sweats, anxiety and insomnia. then it progresses to all these horrifically scary Neuro symptoms and my body now feels foreign to me...and hot. no help from Drs but drugs. BHRT is helping minimally and bc of my age, 41, I had to go to the internet to find a Dr to help with that. my life feels over, ruined. before I really had a choice for it to begin or grow. you are not alone.

• Posted

hi Lkl2019

thank you for your reply. I'm sorry you're feeling so awful. I don't recognize myself at all so i understand what you mean about the changes within yourself. I am on HRT and that has helped reduce symptoms even stop some, for now at least. And the other medication to stop the burning skin etc. unfortunately it all has made me put on weight. I hate that. now at different times and i never quite know when its going to hit i feel nauseous. like morning sickness or seasickness. Its awful. I hope a day comes when it all stops and we can just enjoy some of our lives. 🥴🥴👀😱😳😁

• Edited

I'm 47 and everything started this year after a few months with irregular periods.

First came the breast tenderness and the health anxiety. Then the frequent urination.

Then the weird feelings in my skull, electric shocks all over, ear tinnitus and total panic this lasted for a few months and got better with some sessions with a chiropractor and acupuncture.My period came back and i felt relief.

Then the Hot Flashes followed by palpitations and mild nausea and more anxiety. Hips, groin, armpits, neck, elbow lower back pains that seems to move around

my body. I have to stop running and i sleep with a pillow between my knees i cannot cross my legs.

My sinuses are clogged, my sleep is disrupt, my voice breaks and so many different moving aches and discomforts.

The worst is the fear cause even if they confirmed perimenopause hormone levels there is not confirmation or much information other than the shared experiences of some woman that is all hormonal. I feel terrified all the time and my life is totally taken by this anxiety.

Hope that you are doing better and that the sharing experience helps.

• Posted

Hello, I'm new to this site. I cried when I read your confession. You're not alone. I'm also currently suffering from premenopausal symptoms that kill my energy every day. day, I cry every day and exhausted every day, my mood is very bad and crisis with everything, I don't know what to do but pray to God, I hope there will come a day that will be better and I will pray for you and all the women out there like us to be safe and healthy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.