Am i being paranoid?

Posted , 28 users are following.

I feel really really unhappy about people who sitting around me or stand next to me, they always touching their noses like i am smelly or something. I don't know if i am a smelly person. I am a clean person. I always take shower in the morning and night. I wash my hair every night. I also use perfume and body lotion every time but still people always touching their noses when they stay or sit next to me. This makes me feel horrible and like i want to disappear from this earth. I feel like i don't want to see them. I feel embarrass. I REALLY am depressed. I also ask my dad and family about smell but they don't smell me or anything. 

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I sympathize with you and everyone experiencing this problem.

It is not psychological or imaginary.

Doctors are usually dismissive or unhelpful.

Con artists offering snake oil cures must be avoided.

My recommendation to everyone experiencing this is to get a high quality hidden camera to document people's reaction as proof. Make sure you document your doctors own reaction too.

Note: please be wary of people with active mirror effect imagination psychological issues and especially Internet attention whores who make up things for like and views.

• Posted

Hi, You are not alone. People do react when I get close to them. I asked some of my friends to be brutally honest to me but they said no, but I think they don’t want to hurt my feelings instead of helping me to find a cure. I am hypothyroidism and been taking medication for life. I asked my doctor and he said he doesn’t smell anything. Of course!, he doesn’t smell me because he have a mask.  At first, I was depressed because I lost some of my friends. On the bright side, it’s a good excuse not to get close to the people that you don’t want to hangout. Second, I don’t smell myself which is a good thing. Our immune system get use to our own smell. Even when I wear perfume, I still don’t smell myself but If other people wear perfume, I smell it from the distance. So I guess the only person can tell you the truth is to meet someone that has the same issues. Try to smell each other and tell the truth.

To disappear in the earth just because you think you have a bad smell? Do not stress out yourself. Try to advocate yourself.  I considered animals as my best friends who can tolerate my smell. And to other people who have a problem about it, well sorry! not even the doctor can solve my problem. So, be strong and good luck.

• Posted

Similar feeling.. get anxious because of this. Don't feel comfortable getting tight to other people

• Posted

I feel the exact same way if you got a solution let me know
    • Posted

We've got a WhatsApp group with few of us who are suffering the same problem. If you're interested I can add you into it.

• Posted

Thank you, but i think this platform is ok. Please if you have any suggestions let me know
    • Posted

Can you please add me? I’ve been dealing with this for over 6 months.... thanks
    • Posted

you can add me to this as I have been dealing with this as well for a couple months now, and feel the same way... thx
    • Posted

I am like this for 5 years and went through 6 or 7 depressions alone and without medications. People aroud me looks like they had some coke every time. Snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif, snif to the infinity and beyond! Horrible!!!! If you find some solution, please, tell me! If i find any solution (not suicide, although is a solution) i'll tell you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.