Am i being paranoid?

Posted , 28 users are following.

I feel really really unhappy about people who sitting around me or stand next to me, they always touching their noses like i am smelly or something. I don't know if i am a smelly person. I am a clean person. I always take shower in the morning and night. I wash my hair every night. I also use perfume and body lotion every time but still people always touching their noses when they stay or sit next to me. This makes me feel horrible and like i want to disappear from this earth. I feel like i don't want to see them. I feel embarrass. I REALLY am depressed. I also ask my dad and family about smell but they don't smell me or anything. 

1 like, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

May be the other people stink and are just checking. don't worry people can be weird!

• Posted

I can absolutely guarantee that you don't smell badly. People have a habit of touching their noses all the time for some reason, so it's not you...I promise!!

It IS easy to get a little paranoid though when you're noticing things like you are. Looking at in a positive way..you are very observant and there's nothing wrong with that either. I can almost promise that it's not you..it's just human nature.

Sending hugs..and learn to ignore it if you can..I can promise you don't smell sweetie!! smile

• Posted

All those wanting to be added to a group on whatsapp please private message me your numbers please.

we have a group of people who are going through the same experiences and we all share our concerns there.

Thanks

• Posted

I'm also dealing with the same issue almost for two years and the effect on my job and social interaction is catastrophic . My doctor keep telling me " it's not you it's in your mind" and I couldn't find a single person that confirm the situation that makes it unsolved puzzle for me. I hope we will find help don't loses your hope my friend.

• Posted

Can you add me to this as well. I have experienced the exact same thing. It is highly frustrating because family members don't react this way, nor do doctors. For me it occurs mostly at work and when meeting new people. I dont know what to do anymore, Im at my wits end with it.

• Posted

your experience sounds exactly like mine. im a hair stylist and every dermatologist "assures me" it has nothing to do with me even tho none of the other stylists i work with have this issue. my clients itch their face (especially nose) the entire time in my chair, ive lost clients because of it. they probably think its lice but ive been checked for everything by many many drs who dont have a clue and treat me like its all in my head. figure anything out?

• Posted

Please add me as well. I've been really depressed because of the same condition

• Posted

Message me on 07708287488 please and ill add you to the group

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.