Am i breathing?

Posted , 23 users are following.

I feel as tho am nt breathing no matter how i try to relax . Tea an calmness not helping . My stomach feels horrible at night . Any suggestions?

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, this happened to me a couple of times last year. I was walking to the kitchen to fix dinner and all of a sudden I felt like I wasn't getting enough air in my lungs! It passed quickly but it was scary! It happened may two more times and then it stopped.

• Posted

Yes happened to me a few times in my sleep ... like I’m stressed in my sleep . It’s awful decide I’m not taking any more phone calls before bed time ... as that stresses me out . 
  • Edited

I have the same breathing issues and the same tests saying things were fine, including a CT scan with contrast. I am chalking it up to 1. allergies 2. super hot and humid weather, causing difficulty breathing because of the water in the air and the molds and spores and 3. menopausal asthma caused by erratic hormone changes and aging. It SUCKS. But hey, I take Flonase, Zyrtec, and use an inhaler when I must and I work hard on breathing correctly. I just hope this isn't for life.

• Edited

I’m 46 and for the past couple of years have had the weirdest perimenopausal symptoms including this shortness of breath thing.. I’m not more than 10 pounds overweight and my blood pressure and oxygen levels are pretty much in check. So this is a hormonal thing? It sure is scary but I’m glad to hear others have had it too.

• Posted

I have air hunger too and it terrifies me. As do the other numerous and debilitating menopausal and anxiety causing symptoms I get.

While I hate thinking if us all suffering, I take huge comfort reading your responses. I feel less alone. Thank you.

• Edited

I get this too. Im 49 and have been experiencing seemingly every symptom in the book plus some. For me it usually lasts about 10-15 minutes then im fine. Usually its isolated incidents but I have had days where I get them multiple times a day and I think the days where it's frequent are the days before my body is trying to start a period (tho thats getting sporadic too). I basically look at them as my body's version of a hot flash (tho I get those too). They are scary and I usually wind up googling this thread to reassure myself Im not dying. 😃 But I really believe they are due to hormonal swings. I just try to concentrate on the fact that tho it feels uncomfortable and constricted, I can indeed breathe and it will pass soon. And it always does. Hang in there ladies.

• Edited

Hi

At times i have to catch my breath.....realize that i have not breathing. I have been holding my breathe

Told my husband and he said this seen to be personal habit

A couple of nights, in the i woke up suddenly have to take deep breathe

It is so scary,

Have been like this for months......i don't recall having these problems in my 30s 😦

Any one encounter the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.