Am I crazy?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone I'm new to the group. Basically I suffer from extreme anxiety attacks. My therapist recommended this fourme for me because I always feel like no one understands and how I'm the only person who suffers from anxiety. I'm a worried wart! I think negative about everything! Idk how to look at the positive in things.. I always think ima die.. I'm TERRIFIED of doctors,clinics,hospitals etc.. I only go when I really have to. I'm always jumpy I panic a lot.. And I always have the "what if" mind set. I'm 27 yrs old and I feel I'm limited. I'm not on medication because I'm scared of pills.. So I'm really trying to find things to help me cope and get better.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am going through the samething after a scare at the hospital. I have a headache I canr seem to get rid of and there saying its anxiety but im scared of everything and I panic real easy. Always good to have someone to chat with
    • Posted

Thanks for understanding at least I know I'm not alone. I feel so stupid being scared of the one people who suppose to make me feel the safest.

• Posted

Yw its tough living like this. I have 3 kids and cant even function right. I feel horrible and need to snap out of whatever this is. I just dont know how too
    • Posted

No I feel you! I have 2 kids I'm young and I'm hindering my self from a lot of things due to this BULLY (anxiety) I'm scared to live a Little.. Always thinking of the what its and all the worst case scenario. I don't know how to just be patience or go with the flow.. I'm always on a 10 and it sucks! I just pray to god to take away this pain I'm feeling because this anxiety is causing me to be depressed.

• Posted

Completely understand what you mean, I have very bad health anxiety. Whenever I get a headache I'm worried I'm having a stroke or aneurysm. I'm on Zoloft, and it helps with my anxiety but also causes a lot of other weird side effects. So I don't really know how to advise ya in terms of meds or not. It has helped my anxiety, but I'm looking to get off of it soon. See if maybe some therapy helps. Here for ya

• Posted

Hello, I know how you feel. I have had bad anxiety for while now. Started with a high stress event and just went down hill!. Panic attacks are horrible and I know what you mean about it limiting your life. It's ruining my job / rubbing off on home life. People just don't understand as it's not a physical thing to see!. The feelings are truly dreadful!

I tried medication but I am not going to lie, it was a freaking horrible experience. Luckily off all meds now. beta blockers made me physically exhuasted and Anti-depressants were just extreme for the side effects. Replaced one problem with 100 more.

One thing I have learnt is to stop worrying something is wrong and to start managing the symptoms, it seems to reduce my anxiety a little. I have had allsorts of tests done, ECG's, ultrasounds, bloods etc etc and all always come back clear so got to except it's nothing serious luckily.

I have found herbal rememdies help a lot. I take Passion Flower from Holland and Barrett and that really calms my mind / nerves. It gives me 5/6 hours of just calm and not worring, it just allows me to get on with work and switch my racing thoughts off a bit. I drink Camomile tea, helps as well to calm the nerves. Having high anxiety in an office environment is a nightmare when you feel like you are freaking out (sweats, shakes, breathing problems, heart palpitations, restlessness, hot flushes etc etc) I am only 26 and its hell maintaining full time work acting normal! The downside to Camomile and passion flower is I yawn all day, had a few complains but ihey I am still at work and haven't ran anyway yet!

Learnt to avoid all caffiene sadly as it's a panic attack trigger (shame as I love coffee!) But one gives me the shakes instantly now.

Exercise helps a lot, started swimming and it does help to control your breathing a bit better - Should help reduce the severity of the attacks. It's simple advise but really does make a difference. I can tell my anxiety levels are higher if I haven't been out on my bike in awhile.

Trying St. Johns Wort to try and calm me down a bit, it's got good reviews for mild anxiety and low mood (bought on by the anxiety). Haven't noticed much difference yet but it's only been a day. The upside, no side effects compared to the sledge hammer that Anti-depressants hit you with!. Will see how that goes!.

Hope your situation improves, it's a horrible experience and I hope it's not long term else I swear i'll go insane!

• Posted

Hi Thomas read the book titled DARE , and it will explain everything you need to know to fight anxiety and panic attacks ,without the need for medication ,fixed me like switching a switch.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your feed back. You give me a lot of hope! I'm taking all this into consideration. Sorry for late response I'm just now seeing this. I'm glad to know someone is my age group understands.

• Posted

Someone told me your thoughts become you. I bet that you don't think negative about everything. Think hard, is there anything you think positively about.

When you are feeling negatively, replace it with a positive thought. Try doing this regularly even tho its hard.

Your brain will register these even tho u may think it's making no difference. Keep at it.

Gradually things will change.

• Posted

Thank you so much for the encouraging words I appreciate it. I'm actually having a moment now. I'll keep that in mind.

• Posted

Aww sorry to hear it.

If you can try to continue with a positive thought whenever u get that same negative thought. In a week let me know if that particular thought still bothers u.

I know it's hard but let's see if it works😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.