Am i Crazy or just Mad

Posted , 10 users are following.

Oh do I just hate the world somedays. Insert swear word.

I have now officially been diagnosed with Fibro, a five year battle. I mean cummon. I have been managing this for so long I feel like I got it down most of the time. I know what not to do and where to ask for help, I gym five days a week and eat healthy. Wish I'd loose the weight faster but then doesn't every woman.

What I don't get, and I'm hoping some of you might have some answers for me here, is the injuries. I get the whole i feel alot of pain where others don't and I hurt all the time, but to a large degree it is mostly just background noise most of the time. What I don't get is how I keep slipping my disc in my back every two months or how my legs keep giving way under me for no reason and I end up tearing the ligaments in my ancle. Its the pain of these injuries that is so extreem and in all my reading on fibro and reading through all your blogs I don't see this as a symptom and i don't understand how the doc's don't seem to care about this, it seems almost irrelevant to them.

Do any of you guys suffer this?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi CharliS;   I agree re the pain "not being in your head", and You are not mad !....the thing that I Think I would look at first, is the "slipping discs"....that means that the ligaments/muscles that are mean't to be holding the discs in place are too lax.....has your physio given you "particular" exercises to strengthen these?  They should be gentle exercises, as too strenous will cause them to dislocate/slip.............I feel that I would be making an appointment with an Orthopaedic Surgeon (one who specializes in backs) and take your latest MRI to the appointment.........Slipped Discs are Very Painful....and do cause other problems with your legs/walking etc....I am not saying that you are not, also, a Fibro sufferer, but as you say, you are only young, and if wanting to carry a babe during pregnancy, with slipped discs, this is going to be Very Hard, and the delivery will be difficult (? need a caesar)....so, perhaps try the Orthopod, and keep visiting a Rhuematologist to get treatment for other Pains?...If you research LND, as there has been a lot of discussion on this forum re same, this is a medication that IS NOT addictive (usually used to counter-act overdoses)...but some are finding it beneficial.....however, if all else from above proves negative, then you will need pain-relief to cope with looking after your future child/children.....I have been taking medication for nearly 20 years, and have NOT suffered any liver/kidney other organ damage (have regular bloods done to ensure same)......YOur anger is understandable, as we all have to go through this, as we all, too, have been very active individuals in the past, but as there are many conditions that others get, that also change/take their lives, it is something that we have to accept and learn to live/cope with.........am Not saying it is always easy, but we do manage,....I think the hardest part of something like this, is getting others to realize that THERE is something Wrong with us,:  finding a way of saying "please believe me?"...as the song goes?     will be waiting to hear back how you get on, and will help you on this journey...........winkBron
    • Posted

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for your response.

I have a great physio and Bio that has me set up with a great excersise program from light to strenuous depending on how recently i have injured myself. Been to the Orthopaedic Surgen and the Nuro Surgen, both are taking the conservative aproach. Problem is that some of the muscles are too lax and other to tight from always over compensating.

They have now given me the fibro diagnosis officially but I can't help feeling its just because they don't know what else to say and I won't just drop it.

Anyways, food for thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.