Am I falling out of love because of depression or depressed because I'm falling out of love?

Posted , 15 users are following.

I am piggy backing this discussion off of one that I saw was made a few years ago because I'm not so sure how active some of the people I replied to are still. I read multiple stories that were the same of what I am going through and just wanted to see if anything got better for them or someone going through something similar. Here's what going on with me:

I have been with my SO for 2.5 years and engaged for 3 months. This has been the absolute best relationship of my life and I can't imagine my life without him. About two weeks ago, it was like something snapped inside and I'm having all of these negative thoughts about our relationship. I've gone from having the "what if I'm gay" thought to I don't really love him and I'm just convincing myself that I do to I just need to let him go in order to save him from my "crazy" and also maybe if I did let him go it would stop all of this (even though I am sure I would feel worse). In my heart, NONE of these things are true but yet the thoughts are still eating away at me. All I keep thinking is that I just want to go back to two weeks ago when everything was perfect. I am on day three of 10mg of prozac and although I've been told that things are going to get worse before the medicine really starts to make me feel better, I just want to know that my relationship is going to survive and get back to the way it was. Please tell me that this happened for you?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Meghan I am going through the same thing myself I suffer from depression and anxiety for a few years now and tbh I can't really offer u advice because the point I'm at right now is where I think my relationship is done for we just have nothing left between us, we live together but to me it just feels like my partner is just a lodger I am so close to breaking point and closing the door on my relationship we are on really thin ice and I don't know what to do iv tryed fixing my relationship but nothing works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.