Am I making a massive mistake starting on Mirtazapine?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I picked up my first presentation yesterday for Mirtazapine. I stumbled across this website when looking into the medicine.

It seems to be just negative things I have read about it. 

So much so that I’m contemplating not starting it as it’s worryig me too much. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I just took my second mirtazapine pill last night. After reading all the comments on the internet I was a bit scared to take it. I was on 150 mg sertraline and my gp told me to just stop taking it and take mirtazapine instead.

The first pill knocked me out within 10 mins. I had 16 hours sleep. I woke up like a zombie. It was like my brain was awake but not my body. It took about 4 hours for my body to catch up.

The second night I had it sitting in bed ready and waiting for it to knock me out again but it didn't. I had a normal nights sleep and woke after 8 hours. I felt a little bit weak in the body but nothing like the day before. I have been up now for 2 hours and I'm fine. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.