Am I normal?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Can I ask? Does anyone else have a not to bad of a day but things change at night? Seems like Im miserable and down during the day but for some reason as soon as evening/night comes I change/it changes, everything is so much worse sad x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm the opposite as I normaly feel better at night than in the day it's really strange
    • Posted

Really? I don't know What it is? Just everything seems so much much worse at night, which would be ok if I could actually sleep! sad xx
    • Posted

Diazepam sounds like what you need but only trouble is it can be addictive
    • Posted

Been there, done that, honestly think I'm immune cos nothing I try works xx
  • Posted

Your mood can change, as you body and hormones change to environment. That's why some people have sad box for seasonal disorders. Also ladies of a particular age and to a degree men who have vasectomies too can be effected by hormone imbalance.

its just one chain of thought. Another one I have heard is during the day and to a degree at night to your body goes into auto pilot and again this can be effected by hormones, what you eat and also what happens in previous state (ie insomnia at night but ok during day or vice versa)

the he body is unique and whilst we have all the same bits they are different sizes, different hormone levels, different immunity and genes and that's what makes us interesting in terms of biological advances

• Posted

Hi

I'm the opposite to you.  I wake up feeling low and most of the day.  Then in the evening I feel my old self.  It's what keeps me going.

Pat

• Posted

My wiife is exactly the same, she was very bad years ago with that, stil has it slightly,

its depression/anxiety, you doc can treat that for you quite easily

• Posted

im the other way round wake up and am very agitated  for about 2 hours and on a night im fine.

since i cut down mirtarzpine i feel beter than i was on a morning, no bad dreams  either, but i feel like im not sleeping properly even though my wife say im sound asleep. can explain this

• Posted

Hi, i see You have cut down mirtazapine.  Im on a slow taper and the nightmare feelings of fear and going mad are horrible.  Did you have them.  Did they stop when you finished mirtaz? I am having to take diazepam in morning as i feel so bad.  I can also feel better by evening time and go to bed then wake with this agitation
    • Posted

Hi Ann I am off the mirts took my last 15mg 6th Aug and started 10mg citalopram 8th Aug and wonder if it was to sudden so listening to your experience it would appear it's not easy which ever way you go  I have had a terrible week also been back to the drs and have been given diazepam to help my dreadful feelings. I can relate to your situation it is so similar to mine let's hope it will soon pass good luck 

• Posted

Well done, you've got to the next step but changing these anti deps is no walk in the park. They havent tried ctalopram with me yet. To be honestbi dont know if id be better without any to see what happens.  Appt at gp monday, she said my tapering off would be over by then! Guess shes not seen or done it! Please keep in touch and tell me how you are. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

I am following your lead, off mirtaz but sych has said try to get through but the anxiety is massive into second month.  Thinkmimwould like to try something tomhelp it, would you recommend citalopram as a changeover?
  • Posted

Yes your normal the reason behind this is simple you have a mental illness that wants you to feel alone it wants you to feel isolated

The time the mind knows it's harder to reach out for help is night time because you know it your head knows it so it strikes when it knows it will have most effect

I not sure if you drink as a coping mechanism but that also is a depressant and leaves you feeling a shame empty as the container that you drank from

The best think to do is create your own outlet for the nighttime use the site to vent or a dairy etc try to take up a hobbie to release the feel good hormones in the body's it'll tip the scale in your favour

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.