Am I suffering from Anxiety?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Well to start off, I was at a party about 1 month ago when cocaine, alcohol and cannabis was consumed. Now ever since then it feels like I am suffering from some sort of Anxiety, the reason why I am convinced I am suffering from Anxiety are for these reasons

Heart palpitations (I can see my heart beating out of my chest in between my pecs)

Shortness of breath

A small panic attack (On more than one occassion I have shot up out of bed gasping for breath)

When I sit and lie on my bed it feels like the bed is shaking

I hear fly sounds and cricket sounds in my ears and now and again a ringing sound also

I have consumed cocaine, cannabis and alcohol on more than one occassion and I also smoke. My age is 19 and have been suffering from this for around 1 to 2 months but noting severe. I was going to go to the hopsital to get checked out but there was a 3 hour wait so I jsut haven't bothered.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That sounds like anxiety the drugs could of brought it on I'd go see a Dr get blood tests to rule any thing bad out 
    • Posted

How my started was through weed so I have stopped all together and this feeling of anxiety Is not good it's crap try get your self sorted pal before its to late some people have suffered it for a long time do dent get the right help if u do u will be back to your old self 1 tip don't do drugs again will mess your life up 
  • Posted

do you really need advice! its pretty obvious stop abusing ur body! all be it go out have a laugh with booze but why do u feel the need to do drugs 
  • Posted

Hi firstly stop the cocaine this isn't good my story's very similar to yours so don't panic it's very normal to have panic attacks after taking cocaine there's a number of reason this happens firstly the amount of crap that's mixed with cocaine these days is scary bleach and rat poison is used init.... Also whe. You take cocaine one it makes your heart race so fast that you get a rush of blood that effects the brain causing panic attacks. Don't worry this is normal but my advice is to go to the drs. I do a lot of exercise this calms my panic attacks try eating a healthy diet to this helps people with panic attacks. Also remember that panic attacks arnt with you for the rest of your life 
  • Posted

Also paputaions are normal try to relax yourself.. smile x
  • Posted

I'm the exact same! It's deffo anxiety I've had it since June I'm 17 and weed and alcohol have a part to play in mine aswell, it's horrible youl get through it😊 I'm half way there
  • Posted

I guess you already put it together that the drugs were the trigger for your anxiety. I've heard of this happening and it just puts you on notice that your body is sensitive to these. Something like an allergy. I bet things will clear pretty quick..... The pot stays in the body for a month.

stear clear now and I bet you'll be fine.

• Posted

I won't have offer any other advice than do not use drugs like that again. Whether you do of course is up to you, but frankly its a crazy thing to do if you care about your mental health at all. It might sound harsh, but if you behave this way then what do you expect. Have more respect for yourself and stop messing with drugs, stupid thing to do
  • Posted

Yea id say its anxiety but Im so glad you've caught it early.

Realise that taking drugs and alcohol messes with you and if you wont stop, do them seperately and understand the risks.

I dont think you need anythin at the doctors. Might sound reckless but whats that going to do but give you some idea that anxiety feelings could be something more sinister. Theyre just anxiety symptoms.

Keep going out, keep being social and think nothing of it ever again

xx 

• Posted

I am a recovering addict and know the feelings of alcohol related anxiety all too well. Don't get fooled because alcohol is a drug!!! I used to get really bad anxiety during and when I was not drinking. Mentally and physically drugs when stopping suddenly will cause great anxiety. This is why so many addicts never recover. Stop that stuff immediately and get to a meeting or seek professional  counseling if ur anxiety continues. Been there I understand.
  • Posted

Thanks everybody for the comments.

Ok so now I have been suffering more symptoms which could be related to Anxiety such as a sinus problem (blocked nose, runny nose, sore around the nostrils also mucus in my spit), sometimes my left arm goes completly numb and dead also feels heavy when I lift it up, insomnia as usually it is a struggle for me to fall asleep, staying asleep isn't a problem but getting my self to sleep is unless I am really, really tired, nausea, headaches, light headedness, loss of apetite and feeling stressed.

I haven't done drugs for about a month now but is it worth me going to see a doctor, if so what is it that the doctor prescribes? Thanks again.

• Posted

I would definatly go see a doctor and just rule everything out youl feel so much better then and not worry as much it will be a piece of mind😊
    • Posted

Thanks Rachel I was thinking the same thing but I hate going there lol. I went earlier this year and had all kinds of blood work drawn, brain mri, neurologist visit, ENT visits and they all said that I am normal. Anxiety however makes us feel less than
    • Posted

Always best to get physical things checked. Then maybe not do drugs anymore. Your call, but drugs and anxiety don't mix at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.