Amitriptyline 10mg causing more anxiety/flu like symptoms?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am taking 10mg for almost 6 months now. I feel recently it has been causing my anxiety to skyrocket at night time. I get the chills, naused, stomach hurts, heart racing, jitters, etc. I cant sleep when this happens. I was wondering if anyone else is having these issues? I would like to get off this medications. I am on it for fibromyalgia. 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I took amitriptyline for one month.  I suffer from anxiety and depression. I took it about three hours before going to sleep and around the third hour my heart started racing and feeling fainting. I took my blood pressure and it was about 12   Points higher than usual. I was noticing it was helping me in certain ways, but it definitely kept me awake. and I had to take sleep lorazepam   Ambien  to be able to go to sleep. Now after two weeks of not taking amitriptyline, I still cannot sleep. And I still have to take lorazepam and  Ambien every night so I can get some sleep.  God bless!
  • Posted

I’ve been taking amitriptylin for almost 5 years .i started with 25mg and then neurologist bumped it up to 50mg. But now I’ve noticed my anxiety has been causing problems. Doctor is recommending me to decrease medication till completely stop it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.