amitriptyline for sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, im currently taking20mg amitriptyline for sleep, but waking at 5am, driving me nuts lol any advice would be welcome plz x

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They just knock me out until someone wakes me up in the morning..if I didn't get woken up..I would sleep all day..I take 25 mg at 8.30 pm...it's quite funny really, I wake for the toilet twice per night..and go straight back to sleep!?!? But it does  take quite a while to get the right dosage and time though...be blessed.,:-) xxx
    • Posted

Hi christine thank you for your reply x just goes to show you how drifferent people react to a it amitriptyline, i took it later last night, instead of 8pm i took it at 9.30pm and slept till 7am

and even went back off strange dreams in second round though, hugs

• Posted

Yeah..I get reality dreams too, can't wait to get back into bed after the toilet so I don't miss anything...it always just continues too...lol..when my husband wakes me in the morning he somehow seems to gets in the dream too and I'm sort of talking to him....it's really laughable..cheesygrin..have a lovely day Julie..be blessed..:-) xxxxrazz
    • Posted

Haha i dreamt i was having an affair with a doctor wouldnt mind but hes yuk lol was in colour too lol xxx
    • Posted

Hahaha..sooo funny, we'll end up wanting to go to bed early soon just for our dreams...mmm rolleyes
    • Posted

Mine are in colour too, glad it's not my doctor I dream about he's quite not nice looking at all...not a reall good shape either..bit small..lol.
  • Posted

I take 100 mgs about 10 pm and by 11 pm I am very tired and sleep well.  The earlier in the evening I take it the less I am dopey the next day.  I have been on this dose for years now and it works well for me.  If I do not take any or take it too late I am buggered the next day as I do notnsleep well or at all. 
    • Posted

WOW! donella..that is sooo strong..I would be like a total zombie 24/7 if I took that dose..it certainly goes to show just how very different we all are..be blessed donella and have a lovely day...:-) xxxxrazz
    • Posted

thanks for the kind words,  I am a very anxious person and have a lot of stress in my life.  I also take other sleeping pills along with the amitriptiline.  If not I would not sleep at all.
    • Posted

Wow!!! Unreal, that is sooo strong...25mg of Amitriplityne knocks me right out.....then I have to be woken in the morning...then I'm fine...it's sooooo hard not to get stressed out for sure....especially when we just don't seem to know what's going on with our health...hope things get much brighter for you donella...be blessed..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Julie,  For insomnia I take 25 mg, and I understand a fairly high dose (for someone really depressed) might be about 150 mg, so I think it's probably worth adjusting yours up a tiny bit.    
    • Posted

Hi jessica, im now up to 30mg fingers crossed, im sleeping now, thank you for replyong x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.