Amitriptyline withdrawal and muscle twitches

Posted , 17 users are following.

i weaned myself off Amitriptyline two weeks go. Was on 25mg . Having night sweats and insomnia but also my calve muscle has been twitching for hours and even days at a time. Has anyone experienced muscle twitching?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello i am in amitryptaline for like 5 weeks and all my body is twitching. All muscles from toe to neck started twitching all time on different places. Calves are always twitching 24/7.

i was on 10mg and when increased to 25mg my hands got crazy, no control, shaking all day... when I read all replies i got relived and understood that it can be the reason

• Edited

Hi everyone i am really worried i started amritriptyline 10 mg in just one week started muscles twitching , i came here read all comments but i think mine is unuseal . my doctrre advised me to stop it its one week i have stopped using it but day by day its increasing . today i am worried rather then settled down its worsening . anyone here with same problem please message .

• Posted

did your twitching get better? i was on amitriptyline for barely two months when i noticed the twitching. ive been off of it for 11 days and i feel like im vibrating all day at night the twitching is firing off in my calves thighs hands and every so often i get this big jerk/jolt that comes from my stomach im so scared

• Posted

Hi, i have been experiencing similar symptoms. i took 10 mg amitriptyline for 10 days for nerve pains and i started having muscles twitches and jerks while sleeping , everytime i will wake up, everything will be buzzing and moving around. I am off the tablet now and its been 9 days and am still experiencing same symptoms. My GP prescribed me with diazapan which is helpling with sleep but muscle twitches and internal buzzing is still there. I wonder if anyone had similar experience and how long it took for you to come back to normal. I am really worried. thanks

• Posted

Hi, i have been experiencing similar symptoms. i took 10 mg amitriptyline for 10 days for nerve pains and i started having muscles twitches and jerks while sleeping , everytime i will wake up, everything will be buzzing and moving around. I am off the tablet now and its been 9 days and am still experiencing same symptoms. My GP prescribed me with diazapan which is helpling with sleep but muscle twitches and internal buzzing is still there. I wonder if anyone had similar experience and how long it took for you to come back to normal. I am really worried. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.