Amlodipine & Indapamide side effects ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm a 65 year old male, six weeks ago my doctor put me on meds for high blood pressure, Amlodipine 10mg & Indapamide 2.5mg, he also advised I quit smoking which I have done. Up until recently I have  enjoyed a healthy sex life but now find myself suffering from erectile dysfunction, I think this is a direct result of the meds and I want to stop taking them. Are there known issues using these drugs.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

amlodipine gives weird dreams.

have you experienced this?

they are not able to explain exactly why that happens.

It happens with another BP medicine nebivolol

• Posted

no I don't get weired dreams, smile. I'm a pensioner, asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
    • Posted

When I was taking amlodipine  and antenolol I was struggling to stay awake every evening about 7.30 but later in bed had difficulty sleeping and then strange dreams.
  • Posted

Check the revised description of Indapamide which is mainly a direct acting vasodilator and NOT a diuretic (diuretic effect subclinical at UK doses of up to 2.5mg). Check that your GP knows that Indapamide is not a diuretic and ask him to check the SPC for indapamide and look at patient.info if he is one of many GPs (and the nice pathway) that wrongly believes Indapamide is a "simple" diuretic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.