An observation

Posted , 11 users are following.

How is it when we finally are wise, funny, and confident, we are no longer considered "desirable" A cruel irony...

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

maybe because we are also older wrinklier and saggier 😕 Being female is not easy in todays society where appearance is everything.

• Posted

I agree, but we certainly don't help ourselves in that matter. I am all for looking your best, but some women take it too far. I know women who won't leave the house without a full face of makeup, fake nails, fake lashes, fake tan, dyed hair, designer shoes/bags, etc.. You know why men wear t-shirts, jeans, and sneakers? It's because they don't put pressure on each other. I stopped dyeing my hair two years ago. Do you know how many men made comments about it...zero. You know how many women made comments...all of of them. I heard all sorts of stuff..."You are too young to go grey!" "Do you want to look old?" "I would never do what you are doing." I could go on and on.

• Posted

From many aspects , the societies of west modern world are superficial and give emphasis on a fake appearance more than ever.

Though, I am trying to take care myself even though I have no real interest about it anymore most of the time.

I do it only for myself not for the others.

I want to be clean and prim as respect to myself, watch my diet and not get stressed easily. Inside me I feel depressed and maybe everything seems pointless but I am trying to push myself and not abandoning me.

I have never worn fake nails, eyelashes, fake tan and too much make up in my life.

I also choose my clothes to be casual and simple in order to feel comfortable.

The only reason I dye my hair to my physical color is because I have noticed some white hair and this makes me sad, to be honest. And I was wondering about that if it is due to vitamin deficiencies and not an aging process....? I am experiencing many digestive problems and I believe that my body cannot absorb well all the nutrients

About others women's criticism, you know it is one of our characteristics of our genre. it is annoying but in some cases may be well intentioned.

• Posted

Evi,

I know that they say stress does not cause grey hair, I think thats untrue. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer three years ago, it was a very stressful time. My hair fell out in clumps, I lost my voice for four months, everything I ate made me feel sick, and I suddenly had grey hair in abundance. I think anytime there is an imbalance, things start falling apart. I wouldn't doubt that vitamin deficiencies play some sort of role in hair health. I have been a strict vegetarian for nearly 30 years. My hair is always dry and brittle no matter how many deep condition treatments I do. For sure, it has something to do with B12 and omega3 vitamins!

• Posted

Undoubtedly, a period of traumatic stress is among the causes of graying.

I am sorry for your mother. Only in the idea of thinking that my mother is going to die or suffering from a fatal illness I am scared to death. I completely understand your fears.

Maybe, in my case, it is a combination of nutrients malabsorption and peri traumatic stress.

I watch my diet trying to eat plenty of vegetables, fruits and fish with omega3 but I firmly believe that my estrogen deficiency has affected my metabolism inhibiting the normal function of my digestive tract and the absorption of necessary nutrients.

I am experiencing often diarreah and I have noticed indigested food in my stools.

Relating to the criticism of other women about hair color, I know how you may feel because others tend to say the same thing to my mother all the time. " you seem young on your face, you should dye your hair"

Ageism is widespread and women are the real victims as usually.

• Posted

Sorry little me but you made me Lol on that one. 😂😂😂😂

Sometimes you have to laugh. I spent all day yesterday crying.

• Posted

I can relate.. ive never been much of crier but these past few years ive never cried as much in my entire life. You just feel like an extreme version of yourself.. like you've only got one nerve left and everyone takes turns jumping up and down on it 😛

We will get through this... as hard as it is and come out of it much better people in the end x

• Posted

My dad's wife won't come out of her bedroom in the morning without full eye makeup. She is also is the same person who last time I visited told me exactly where I needed to lose weight, adding the helpful comment, "I've worn the same size since I was 18" What a child.

• Posted

I find myself writing long rants and grievances toward everyone. I am always p****d off, and wake up that way....it also is interfering with my relationships with loved ones, because it's almost like I'm waking up and declaring my own needs after 50 years of repressing them.

• Posted

I think when you will go gray is largely genetic. I know stress doesn't help.

• Posted

I think it's untrue too. I worked at a job in the 90's and it was so stressful I started getting gray around my temples at 37. I left that job for a less stressful one that I enjoyed and the gray hair went away.

• Posted

tell them to eat rocks, staci!!!

and thats putting it nicely lol 😃

• Posted

I hope so. I've been off work since November 28 and due to return January 2nd. I'm no where near ready to return. I want to resign so bad. But what about my bills , and healthcare. But at the the same time the job is stressing me out and causing stress related issues. My mental and physical well being is way more important than my job. I have to do what's best for me. I've been praying on this. I hope God answers soon.

• Posted

Littleme1969....I can relate so much to this! My emotions can be all over the board - sometimes with the Hot Flash and then some days out of nowhere I am just feeling irritated and then I feel like I can cry. Before peri - my emotions would be consistent and I knew to slow my days down as best I could the week before my period. Now... there is NO predicting the moods. Add the unpredictable moods to the nonstop NEW and unsettling symptoms and how can we not be crying? I'm not a crier but I became one this past June. SO thankful to know that I'm not alone in this and can "talk" it out with the women here on this forum.

• Posted

Juanita - I was so thankful to read that you were able to take some time off. I have been thinking about you and I am hopeful that things on the work front will get better for you. This time in our lives truly have become that song One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus.

I've taken the last 2 months trying to "catch up" on all that fell apart in my house, life in general etc while I was in the throes of a hormonal nightmare starting in June. My problem now is that I'm finding the days that I do feel good?.... I end up trying to do it to the fullest and enjoy it and I push myself TOO hard for fear I won't have a "good day" for a while.

I have such an appreciation for health and what it was. I've got an incredible perspective on life that I didn't have before. I took so much for granted. HUGS to you, Juanita!

• Posted

im jealous id love my hair to go grey, no sign yet at 40 and ive been enough stress in 3 years to last me a lifetime, i used to dye my hair grey/silver but it was hard upkeep x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.