An observation

Posted , 11 users are following.

How is it when we finally are wise, funny, and confident, we are no longer considered "desirable" A cruel irony...

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We are still desirable even with menopause. Its about hormones and how hormones influence our moods and attitudes. I have men after me. I am 59. Not always the men I want. But inside I am crumbling from anxiety. Worried sick about what these lack of hormones are doing to my body. Killing me. I eat right , take loads of vitamins. I feel like I am in a battle for my life.

• Posted

Yes, I can relate, at times I have felt like I'm dying at 51.

For me, the men I don't want don't count in this overall feeling of undesirability.

• Posted

You hit the nail on the head! I'm also concerned about what the lack of hormones are doing to my body. I also feel like I'm in a battle not just for my life but for my sanity too.

• Posted

Laura, the only thing I disagree with is the wise, funny and confident part!

Maybe we've seen more things, but no one seems to want our experiences. And possibly I've gotten to the point where I think "You shouldn't say that. Oh what the hell, let's throw it out there and see what happens." LOL

Funny? I used to find everything funny, but menopause seems to have zapped that too.

Confident? I was more confident when I my younger system was up and running.

Desirable? That's assuming that we even want someone to desire us at this point! (Hmmm, not so much.)

I remember thinking years ago, when my kids grew up, I'd have all the time in the world for things I enjoyed doing. Now, I could care less about most of them. Age certainly brings it's challenges. I wish someone had warned me. LOL

• Posted

Gailannie, I feel the same. I thank God when I awake each morning, but it's a struggle. I just want my joy back. Nothing is funny, food tastes like cardboard( I've lost 20 pounds). I'm on leave from work because of stress/depression/burnout. I've been off since November 28 and I'm scheduled to return Jan 2, 2019. Do I feel ready to return? No I don't.

What gets me is what menopause does to the brain. So many women suffer from depression, anxiety, health anxiety, brain fog, etc.

• Posted

brain fog...insomnia...I failed out of my last semester at school...yes, I am in school, even at this ripe old age...I feel like maybe im not up to it...did great in the beginning... we are not too old...

• Posted

I know - I've been empty-nesting for six years, but can't seem to afford (or want to do) the life I "aspire' too. It's a unhappy in between time.

• Posted

No you're not too old! I admire you going to school. When my oldest sister retired at 60, she went back to school at 66 to get her associate's degree in business.

The emotional issues have been the worse for me this year and the acne.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.