An unpleasant taste in my mouth!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi  to all you wonderfully ladies just wondering if anyone could help me with advice?. Iam 45and for a few months I just haven't felt my normal self, somedays I feel ok bit like a lot of others like today I DON'T feel quite depressed! Just want to b on my own and not wanting to talk to anyone. And a horrid taste in my mouth now for over a week and not wanting to eat foods I like as it seems to leave a horrid taste in my mouth . Today I have a horrid taste aginn as I had liver last night .i think in on the change? Should I goto the doctors or am I been silly? Does anyone else feel like this? Just feel so bloody low like the whole world is against me, I even take offence to the slightest littlest thing!. Why am I like this ?

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ladies,

Just as a cautionary tale.....watch these antidepressants..? Don't know where you all are, but the big study here in the UK these past months is that time poor Doctors have been handing peri menopausal women antidepressants like sweets.....when on investigation what they actually needed was SOME form of hormone replacement ?! Bigger and bigger doses were given with no relief of symptoms.....when a MUCH lower dose of HRT would have given a different outcome.

I can only say...I skipped Peri and went straight into menopause with a bang ! Took HRT for 8 years, in a combi product the same combination as a contraceptive pill that suited me in my younger days. In my 60s now and FINE.....no mood swings, depression, joint aches, it's all gone.....HRT just allowed my body to change more slowly and got it used to idea..

Good luck ladies, keep a diary of symptoms and moods, great to show a doctor AND a confused partner ! 

All the very best.💕

• Posted

Just want to say two things quickly reading a few responses:

1) If you have depression, please try Magnesium orotate and B6 (at least 50mg).

I do not have depression, but a bad experience made me so down I knew this combo would help and it literally stopped the bad feelings in about 30 mins. Read about mag O/B6 and you'll see.

2) For migraines, Magnesium orotate. Dr. Nieper's orotates are amazing and Mag O is what most of us need for a variety of ailments.

I just popped on here because I just had my big bday - 50 - although I'm fortunate that literally the latest guess was 38 (which is crazy)...meaning I'm in excellent shape yet my biggest issue is my sleep and now with night sweats, it's been awful.

I just started progesterone cream and I have this awful taste in my mouth, my bloated belly is worse and constipation. Are those symptoms any of you ladies have who use progesterone cream?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.