Anafranil/Clomipramine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've just started taking anafranil, been taking it two weeks, first week 10mg, second week 20mg and just about to move into 40mg. Is there anyone who have/is taking anafranil? How long does it take before I can see some improvement? I feel like if anything I've got worse since I started, although all my symptoms do come under their side effects, tight chest, blurred vision, increased anxiety, nausea, dizziness etc. If anyone can give me any information on this medication I would be very grateful.... Thanks Luke

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Check on NHS CHOICES under medications A to Z, I have not tried this one yet.

I always use above when I research medications etc

BOB

• Posted

Hi border, thanks for replying, I had a look on nhs choices and there's nothing about it at all sadly.

• Posted

You could index the medication on this site as well.

There are also sites that can be found on the internet. Just put the name on the index and see what you can get.

You could also try the Pharmacy site enter it and see what you get rhere.

If your Chemist is prescribing it ask Him, did He not give a paper describing the drug

BOB

• Posted

Have you had a look on "Clomipramine" forum?  You may find more specific answers on there, rather than in the generalised mental health forum?

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/clomipramine-272387

If your symptoms have gotten worse, would it be worth considering making an appointment with your GP to discuss the changes?  

Another good source of information, is a Pharmacist.  You can generally speak to a pharmacist in private at your local chemist.

Good luck - Sharon

• Posted

Thanks for replying shaz, That's not actually a clomipramine' forum, just a fella asking a question

• Posted

There will be a forum that discusses it. Maybe try searching on the drug name in the search box, top right hand corner of the screen?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.