Anal fissure Botox

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi! Who has had Botox for an anal fissure? What was the recovery like? 

Also for the exam, did it hurt the fissure more? I am really nervous about the exam/ retractor before Botox

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all, im very interested in this topic as im due to get botox for my AF in the coming months, i had the exam few months ago the doctor did a scraping and clean in the hopes it would heal after that but it didnt work, that why he has recommended the botox im quite nervous as im worried about the incontinence and also concerned that im still breastfeeding and worried its not safe. I have suffered with this for 10 months now and im just concerned what the future holds any advice or shared experiences is appreciated thx

• Posted

Hello Jodie

Can only speak from my own experience and appreciate for some people botox has worked

I had botox 8 weeks ago having had a fissure for 5 weeks which didn t respond to rectogesic .

I had an examination under General anaesthetic and 2 injections

I believe only 5 % of pepole experience incontinence afterwards and I am one of them....it's been an embarrassing and humiliating side effect to deal with which has severely limited all activities

Unfortunately the fissure has not healed .

I'm vegan with a high fibre diet and believe this is part of the problem as I use the toilet so frequently ....the number of times has increased since I've had the fissure which I have told 2 colorectal surgeons but there s been no explanation as to why this might be the case ....can't believe it's just co incidence esp as I'm generally eating less than I was before the fissure

I guess you need to be clear what your options are and whether there is anything else to be tried before botox if youve got misgivings about the injections

Whatever you decide really hope it works for you

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, just read your post to Jodie, and I wanted to tell you that you're not alone. I am also one of the 5%. I totally lost bowel control yesterday and thank the Lord I was at home! I don't want to go outside the door now. I should be starting to get better now as it's nearly 3 months since I had the botox. I would NEVER have it done again. I'm too embarrassed to go out. Hope you fare better than I have done. I cannot recommend this procedure. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Jennifer!! 

Did you already have urgent bowel movements before Botox? Complete loss of bowel Control, like a solid poop?? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah

No I didnt't have problems before the fissure ....when I had the horrendous internal sphincter spasms I didn't know what was happening with my bowels as I wa in spasm and so much pain so had problems with loss of control on couple of occasions

The real problems began after the botox

• Posted

Hi sue

I have had numerous accidents at home as I simply can't run fast enough and one horrendous occasion just leaving a cafe after a cup of coffee

I have not had anything to eat or drink away from the house for 2 months and don't go anywhere without wearing Depends pull up pants

Up until 13 weeks ago I was very fit and healthy walking a minimum of 6 miles every morning and now I don't leave the house until the afternoon when I am as sure as I can be that I won't poo myself in public ?

• Posted

Hi Jennifer! I’m confused. Like are you having accidents because your poop is like diahrea? Or having accidents with solid mass poops? 

Do you feel the urge to go and then you just have to go right away? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah

Basically when the urge comes I run as quickly as possible to the bathroom .....I no longer have the capacity to hold it in regardless of its consistency....most times at home I get there in time but have had a couple of small accidents whilst out and one big accident triggered by a strong coffee hence my avoidance of all food and drink away from the house

• Posted

Thank u for ur responds im really going to reseach as much as i can bbefore the botox, i hope ur condition improves soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.