Anal fissure delayed pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

My pain from anal fissure throbs for almost 8 to 9 hours every day. It's misery and starts approximately 1 hr after a bowel movement. Is there anyone else that experiences the 1 hr delay? i ask because if so maybe the delay is key to identifying a better treatment. our collective voice may help better treatments of this horrible condition.

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Major Fissure and hemorrhoids since Nov 2019. I feel the same as well I get spasams and throbbing pain a little while after and lasts till late afternoon. Doesn't make a difference how my BM is. What does seem wierd is that I'm usually a one time in the am girl and now I'm going 2, 3 and occaisonally 4 times a day. Does that happen to anyone else. I'm trying to get a handle on my mental health as this is really hard to take. I feel like I'm improving then I get a set back ( no, not from being constipated at all). I was an active, in shape, busy mom of 2 and now it's just so depressing that even walking feels like a hot poker stick up my backside. I joined this group as I don't want to keep talking about it to my husband and friends as I don't want to make this my life.

• Posted

yeah I have the same. I'm so anxious about the toilet in the morning that I truly dread it. my pain is immediate (needles) then even before I can blink the burning and stinging starts and I just clam up. then about an hour later I'll need to go again because I didn't finish properly the first time. just my guess, obviously but I am very swollen up there so surprised anything comes out at all !!!

• Edited

Hi Chris, I find myself with the same issue. As said in other comments as well there is no pattern in the pain. Sometimes I might have a very painful BM then clean it gently and use a cream and I'm good for the rest of the day, sometimes the pain starts after 15min and lasts all day. And sometimes I might have a not so painful BM and still be in pain all day. And just like you it doesn't matter how soft or hard the BM is the pain is still there. I find that going for a 30min walk helps ease the pain. Just like you I would also try to avoid the botox or surgery and stay on creams and a good diet to help as I've seen stories where people recover like that.

• Edited

Yes, thanks Celine. My theory is that if we start to have relatively pain free good days every so often the fissure is healing. I'm tracking the good days to see if they increase over time. For me, that is the indicator to avoid (or go with) botox or surgery.

• Posted

Same for me... I don't understand. Although I am still trying to keep my job and stress is defo a factor

• Edited

Me three. Actually Chris, thank you. I took some of your words to heart about trying to be positive last time. I had a few "good days" then while I'm having my bad days I say to myself that's ok cause TOMORROW I'm going to have a good day. A journey if you will. When the day is good I get stuff done!Hope is essential. Now to clarify a good day means I'm a 3/4 out of 10 vs a 7/8. If the pain is tolerable enough to go for a walk or actually concentrate on something. I do find a correlation to having to use the bathroom 3 -4 times def increases the pain. The swollen throbbing mind numbing. Also feels like sciatica as my right leg and glutes tighten right up ( strange I know). Today wasn't a good day but TOMORROW will be a great day.

• Edited

Glad to hear from you Crystal. I really do believe if you stay positive you will heal. The body wants to heal and you just need to help it. happy dance for you.

• Posted

I too have days where it goes down to a 4 or a 3 and get really positive and hopeful.

Then bam. Back up to a 7 or 8 (for me the 10 was post botox)

I have my appointment soon and not sure what I want to push for.

How. Do. I. Know. If. I. Am. Healing!!??????? So frustrating x

• Posted

yes I also have the one-hour delay, almost like clockwork. Had it again today with first BM post-LIS surgery. Was hoping there would be an immediate difference but it was almost identical to before. I know the first week or two is supposed to be difficult but was just hoping for some sign.

Also wondering how long most people's post-BM pain lasts. Once mine starts, it typically goes from 12-15 hours. Meaning if I have it after lunchtime it's likely going to impact my ability to fall asleep when I want.

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.