Anal fissure.. living hell..Plzz Help!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.. I'm 30 years old female and a vegan..so no unhealthy history of bad eating..

I got this chronic horrible anal fissure from july2017..(got multiple internal fissures)so it's been a year now.. since then my life became hell.. worst excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my life..I wish I could have taken any other pain but this...I did every possible thing.. changed my diet,took stool softener.. but couldn't get relief.. after 6 months of fissure pain, finally figured out to manage the pain instead of thinking about recovery.. just when things were getting under control I got another health issue which made me to take antibiotics and bathroom rounds after that made it worst..

No matter how much I take care of it ,it keeps on coming..I saw a colorectal surgeon in December who checked me.. (only with his finger) confirmed that it's anal fissure and suggested me to go for permanent solution which is surgery, LIS (lateral internal sphincterotomy).. but thinking about other issues(incontinence) associated with it I am not able to step ahead.. I have so many questions in my mind.. whether LIS surgery will fix my problem permanently? will I ever get my normal life back or it will make my life even more worst..?( have read so many bad experiences of people) I'm so frustrated.. I don't know how I'm going to spend rest of my life with this.. any suggestion and experience would be appreciated.. one more thing , from last 2 months I'm having pain in my right side of anus, I got uncomfortable pain when I touched it from inside , it was like touching the rashes..is it fissure cut or something else..plz help me..

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Try Laxido and one 500 mg of magnesium citrate, every day without fail. Give it a few days to get into a routine. It worked for me after years of hell, just try it.
    • Posted

Thanks Laura, I've been taking stool softener from the first month of my fissure..which helped me intially but from last few months its not helping me that much.. but I'll try what you've suggested.

• Posted

Hi Laura, I've been taking magnesium citrate and laxido since you've suggested but it's not at all helpful for me.. I guess my body has become so adapted to all these softener that nothing is working for me.. my diet contains fruits,green leafy vegetables, lentils,drinking plenty of water..but still I am struggling to make it soft.. I don't know what to do now I'm so frustrated ..

• Posted

I too have been living with this hell for way to long... having surgery next week . I wish you the best, the people here on the forum are great support! ?💜

• Posted

Good luck Theresa!! Do share your experience.. and I also feel people in this forum are great support..
    • Posted

Hello, my surgery is this Friday! Looking forward to getting it over with now. Will update ☺
    • Posted

All the very best Theresa..will be waiting to hear your experience.Take care..
    • Posted

Hello, I had my surgery last Friday (July 13th ) everything went well. Ihaven't had follow up appointment yet but know i had several hemmoroids removed both internal and external as well as sphincterectomy and anal skin tag removal. So far everything has been way more tolerable than my imagination was conjuring up! First two days were worst, better each day now. I was only given 15 pain pills and still have 4 left, so for me it's been tolerable, used ibuprofen and ice for swelling..sitz bath and shower are perfect for healing i also am using a perineal spray bottle to rinse after a lighter visit to the toilet. I will say the worst for me was that i did "mess" myself big time twice, had to shower immediately (obviously ) I have my follow up Aug 2nd. I know I have dissolving stitches in and out, sitting and standing for any length of time is very uncomfortable as is before,during,and after BM. Gravity sucks ?...how is everyone else doing? Sending good healing vibes ~Theresa

• Posted

I had a Fissurectomy 2 days ago. Had my first BM today and pain is intense. Just as bad as before. I hope things improve! At my wits end
  • Posted

I had a Fissurectomy 2 days ago. Had my first BM today and pain is intense. Just as bad as before. I hope things improve! At my wits end
    • Posted

I can feel your pain.. take care and get well soon.. everything will be fine.Keep us updated on your progress.

• Posted

How are you now?
  • Posted

I had Lis yesterday.. I am waiting for my first bowel movement... Let it how can I withstand the pain..
    • Posted

First let me say I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for you! Keep us updated about your recovery.. did you get it done by colorectal surgeon?
    • Posted

Thank you. I had done lateral internal sphincterotomy. Today I did the BM but it was watery so didn't feel pain.. I have spinal pain due to anesthesia injection. Now I am giving massage thru hot water bag. I didn't had any solid food that's why I had the watery bowel movement. Now I am planning to eat solid food and waiting for next bowel movement.

Taking the medicine at regular intervals as prescribed by the physician.

• Posted

Happy to know your first bowel movement was bearable(this is what which scares me a lot).. every day will be better than previous day.. don't mind me asking why your doc did it in half body anesthesia? My doc told me he prefers full anesthesia for this..

• Posted

Hi i am improving and no pain in 2 and 3 bowel movement.

To answer your question they gave half body anesthesia due to less risk and there is not much risk even go for whole body anesthesia. But now I am facing only issue in pain in my spinal which is not heavy but still when I walk I am getting and it's gradually reducing. I think it will take few more days to recover from pain

Let me give you some tips :

1. Go for LIS bcoz these cream and ointment no use

2. After surgery take medicine properly..bcoz you need to take several cream and antibiotics

3.Take sitz bath and go to restroom in that way you will have soft BM

4. Apply ointment (they will give you one ointment for wound and other for infection)

5.Take food properly. My suggestion first 2 days liquid diet to escape from hard BM.

All I need to say is go go go for surgery. If you want further update pls contact me. All the best.

• Posted

Thanks a lot Suresh for the details you gave me.. did you have digital examination in the anus before surgery? So that doc can have a good look on the condition .. How many fissure you have? Is it on the opening part or its inside. (my fissures are inside) how long you have to take antibiotics? Do you find it difficult to clean that area after surgery?? I find it very difficult to clean that area properly because of swelling and extreme tightness there.. I can't even imagine how will I clean that area if I go for surgery..

• Posted

My fissure also inside and doctor said it's little deep. But what I did was something different I had applied ointment and cured the fissure 30% and went to doctor for consultation. So technically I could have cured this fissure 100% by ointment but the problem is it will hit back again then again I need to be in pain. So I have cured 30% fissure and went for doctor consultant. To answer you question

1. I have to take ointment for 10 days after surgery

2. Pain killer and other tablet for 5 days

3. Stool softener for 10 days

4. Some husk powder for month

5. For cleaning I am using the cotton after BM then I am applying ointment that always makes uncomfortable bcoz it will split on your innerwear so better use cotton tracks. As I am men I can't use any pads also but still maintain the good hygiene.

Once everything done pls follow these steps after month of surgery

1. Apply little cocounut oil on anus before sleep bcoz thtlat having amazing healing power and moisture

2. Take some husk in water that doesnt affect you can take daily...

3. Walk for 1 hr.

We have put end for this now only and start seeing our health little aggressive care because we should not allow another surgery or any other health issue to ruin our life.

I plan to do some meditation and yoga to keep myself fit and healthy. Trust me sick bed is costliest bed in the world. I hope and pray everyone will come out from this pain and lead happy life. Wish you all have good life

• Posted

Hi Suresh, how are you doing? Do you see any major improvement after surgery now? Can you please tell what difference you feel before and after surgery? What is the pain leval out of 10..? What about the incontinence??
    • Posted

Hi Galaxy, 

I am now 8 days post surgery and finally feel like I have turned a corner. I still have pain after a BM but it is for a shorter period and manageable. I take a laxative every night to ensure that I don’t get constipated and clean only using a spray shower head. I then dab dry gently. I use a organic natural beeswax based baby bum cream on the area. 

Good luck and I am hoping my days of misery with this thing are coming to an end 

• Posted

Hi yeah it's been 1 week after recovery. My oral tablets are stopped now just applying only ointment.

I have consulted doctor he said it will take 4 more weeks to cure completely.

I don't feel pain rather feel itching. I am scared to have spicy foods. So sticky with vegetables and easily digestible food.

Hope I will recover soon. How abt you.. how are feeling now

• Posted

I'm still struggling with the pain..Have an appointment with CRS next week..

• Posted

I'm very happy for you.. finally your recovery started..Take care..

• Posted

Please keep us updated, we know what you're going through. I'm still on schedule for my surgery Friday.

• Posted

I thought so and then yesterday had worse pain than ever. Doc has sent me for MRI because he can’t understand why the pain isn’t lessening. I haven’t heard the results yet.  How are you doing? 
    • Posted

Don't wry.. you can come out at certain timeline. Because surgery is only the solution for this.. get recover soon and update me after your CRS

• Posted

Hi Debra

Hope you are doing good.. are you pain free now?

• Posted

How is everyone doing? I hope you are all feeling much better!

Sadly, I am still struggling and don’t know what to do next. I thought I was improving and then the last 2 days have been unbearable. I have the same intense pain after BM that I had before the surgery. I am now 5 weeks post op (I had a fissureectomy on 3 July)... what could this be? I don’t know what to do and why I have got worse again. I have been taking stool softeners and have had no problems with constipation so cannot understand why I have relapsed. 

I am getting to the point where I just want to request a colostomy bag! 

• Posted

Hello, I am now 4 weeks post op and doing great I feeling great. I'm so sorry you aren't healing yet. I would return to the surgeon and let them know ASAP. I was feeling much better after first 10 days. First week after surgery was painful. I had fissure repair, sphincterectomy, and hemorrhoidectomy (internal and external ) plus a large anal tag removal. I stopped laxatives and miralax daily. Just use occasionally now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.