Anal fissure.. living hell..Plzz Help!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.. I'm 30 years old female and a vegan..so no unhealthy history of bad eating..

I got this chronic horrible anal fissure from july2017..(got multiple internal fissures)so it's been a year now.. since then my life became hell.. worst excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my life..I wish I could have taken any other pain but this...I did every possible thing.. changed my diet,took stool softener.. but couldn't get relief.. after 6 months of fissure pain, finally figured out to manage the pain instead of thinking about recovery.. just when things were getting under control I got another health issue which made me to take antibiotics and bathroom rounds after that made it worst..

No matter how much I take care of it ,it keeps on coming..I saw a colorectal surgeon in December who checked me.. (only with his finger) confirmed that it's anal fissure and suggested me to go for permanent solution which is surgery, LIS (lateral internal sphincterotomy).. but thinking about other issues(incontinence) associated with it I am not able to step ahead.. I have so many questions in my mind.. whether LIS surgery will fix my problem permanently? will I ever get my normal life back or it will make my life even more worst..?( have read so many bad experiences of people) I'm so frustrated.. I don't know how I'm going to spend rest of my life with this.. any suggestion and experience would be appreciated.. one more thing , from last 2 months I'm having pain in my right side of anus, I got uncomfortable pain when I touched it from inside , it was like touching the rashes..is it fissure cut or something else..plz help me..

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 3 days post op Fissurectomy. I have no idea why my surgeon did a Fissurectomy and not LIS? I am in agony after every BM and I cannot cope. What is the best method to cope with this pain? When can it expect to get a bit better. I don’t know how much more I can take 
    • Posted

Hi Debra, feeling really bad that you are going through this even after your surgery.. I pray for you to get out of it soon.. I'm also going through the hell right now.. but I would say give it little more time, take medicine, distract your mind as much as possible.. (this is what I do).. if possible talk to your doc.. and as Laura suggested to try magnesium citrate and laxido, you can give it a try and see if that works for you.

• Posted

Thanks, Day 4 post op now and still terrible pain. Went for a short walk and now the pain is worse. My area is also leaking a red watery liquid... I’m guessing that would be normal after the op? I am hoping there is no infection. Getting really despondent 
    • Posted

Thanks, Day 5 and worst pain ever. Can not walk or do anything. I have lost so much weight over this because I’m afrad to eat. I’m seeing my surgeon tomorrow 
    • Posted

Saw doc this morning. He says he can’t explain why I have so much pain. He said I have a large odaema which may cause pain but he cannot explain the high level of pain I am experiencing for hours after a BM. I am in such agony for hours after each BM and he has no explanation and I just don’t know what to do
  • Posted

Hi Galaxy, I feel your pain as I been suffering for now 7 months. 4 months ago I had the LIS . I was told it be 90% effective , unfortunately , i was the 10% were it didn't work for me. However, I am not in that much pain as compared before so it did help some. I avereage now pain 4 out of 10. Before I was 10 and was at the point where life was not worth living in that pain, I have no issues with incontinece and honestly I would've rather deal with that than fissure pain. As to the pain you feel to the right side, that's probably where your fissure is. I wish luck. I hope that your are the 90%. Keep us posted as to your progress.

• Posted

Hi Gia, thank you so much for your response on my each and every questions..I am feeling extremely bad that LIS didn't work for you as it supposed to be.. one opt for surgery when all Hopes and effort go in vein, and there is no other option.. I wish and pray that your pain goes down gradually to 0... did you discuss this with your doc ? What did he say ??Did you get it done by a good experienced colorectal surgeon?? I read somewhere that in LIS they cut the muscle to loosen that area if they cut it less than expected, then it won't help but prevent from incontinence.. and if they cut more, then it leads to incontinence.. so it should be taken care properly by the doc..

• Posted

Dr Leslie Browder in Las Vegas fixed me!

I hope yours is as successful as mine was.

When mine kicked off, after reading many painful posts, I resolved to tell my success story in a few forums in hopes someone in my pain can be helped - I'll be brief.

She did a fissurectomy, hemorrhoidectamy and colonoscopy (4 years early for me, but why not, if there & a few early onset cases support my 'why not' paranoia).

It's been about 6 months and I'm 100% - a few skin tags around the rectum I imagine, but no pain!

I eat better & take stool softeners if I don't poo after 24 hours, so I don't strain & regress / re-tear.

Had hemorrhoids for maybe 10-15 years with no real issue, to them getting larger, to a burning-when-I-s**t fissure (banding one hemorrhoid didn't resolve & fissure was too painful to be patient or to do more banding).

In pain I agreed to surgery too quickly & only after, when looking for recovery estimates, found many failed fissurectamy stories, that if I read in advance, might have scared me out of surgery, but ignorance helped me this time.

Without rambling, I eat a little better, but still drink alcohol (inflammation) and believe it's hereditary since my mother had them. Had them for years, but think I kicked them up with heavy weight lifting.

Hope this may help a few - I hate pain & love the results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.