Anal Fissure, Skin Tag and hemorrhoids, Botox? Help Please

Posted , 28 users are following.

Hi All, I have posted a few replies on here to discussions and thought Id write my own as really feel I need some help and advice,

I am 25 female and have been suffering with hemorrhoids for years, 8 I think now, they resulted in a nasty skin tag and when I though it couldn't get worse, I have now had a fissure for over a year.

Anyway, after many GP visits etc, and fainting from pain, I finally got put on the NHS waiting list for botox and skin tag removal. I thought to myself this is great to get this done and will solve all my problems, as I can't continue life as it is now, right? I got a date sent to me last week for the surgery, meant to be today, much quicker than I thought (Surely they would have wanted to review before, the Surgeon hasnt seen me in over 6 months?!) but after reading so many horrible posts about Botox I postponed it, so they will be sending a new date.  But before I go ahead I really hope lots of you can advise me on your experience and give me information.

It is painful for me every day, I almost faint sometimes from the pain.  And for some reason for the past 2 weeks, I have lots of blood during EVERY SINGLE BM - why now??  And is this something I should be worried about if it is every single time?

I am tip top about diet and exercise, I only weigh 54kg, I am healthy and active all the time!

The advice that I really want from you all - should I do this botox?  Or should I accept life as it is now?? [sad] could things get alot worse if I go for Botox?

Also I don't know if I get 'spasms', what are spasms?  I am in pain for a long while after a BM is that what they are?

I look forward to hearing from you all xx

2 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I am 24 years old and thought I was alone being in so much pain everyday. Although I wish for you all to get better and be pain free it is so nice to be able to talk to others that understand. I have suffered with not going to the toielt regulary which led to constipation. I then started taking herbal vitamins to help but developed hemorrhoids. It was so painful I cried after going to the toielt, I would have to plan when to go around what I had to do that day and if I went to close with going to bed I would not sleep as no position was comfortable. After going to different doctors who said I had tried everything and my hemorrhoids didn't look that bad to refer to the hospital I felt at a loss. I then called my doctor one day and said I can't live like this as I am in so much pain. He reffered me and I had an appoitment a few weeks later. This discovering the anal fissure which I had and no other docotor picked it up, they thought I was just suffering from small hemorrhoids. It was a relief knowing I wasnt going crazy and I was right to be in so much pain. I had the botox injection last Thursday. I am still suffering having a BM every morning but am trying to make sure I go to stay regular. I take dulcolax in the evening which helps me to go in the morning. I am scared when I wake up everyday as I know what is to come. I am then in so much pain until it starts to die down. I am hoping I am just sore from the operation and injection but I really don't want to live my life like this. I am going travelling on Tuesday and don't want to be a kill joy I want to enjoy my life. 

I hope you are all well! 

• Posted

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try somee zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplemetn, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

4. I would recommend getting a sphicteronomy surgery if htings dont get better. I waited it out, gave up, had the surgery, and was able to heal within about two weeks. I had a chronic fissure, so I knew where you are ocming from with v all the pain and discomfort.

Try listening to music to distract your mind a bit, especially when going to the bathroom. If you are in writing pain, distract yourself with a movie or TV show right after. Also, to prevent myself from screaming and from putting more stress in the area down  there, i bit down on a washcloth in order to make the tensions with my teeth instead of my sphicter muscle.

Hope this helps!!!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

I would consider getting the LIS surgery to be honest. I have been fissure free for 3 years since my surgery. 
  • Posted

(hi i have just come out of hospital today and i had a very deep fissure in side my back passage it hurt like hell to go toilet n i kept bleeding alot and i had two hemmeroids) i had a skin tag removed as well plus two abscess and anal cancer so i have been very unluckythe last two years  it first started last christmas 2016 i had a skin tag but when they tryed to cut it out they could only cut half of it out as if they cut all of it i would have been incontinence so i had to have radiotheraphy and chemotheraphy then a week later i got a abscess on the cheek of my bum then this year on new year day i had another abscess  but three week after that i had to  go back to hospital was in so much pain thats when they found out i had fissure and two hemmeroids they gave me botox and now for the first time in age i can sit it feels alot better i am so glad that i had it done as you can see i have suffered so much i know it will hurt a bit when you go toilet for awhile  put i take a lot of laxative twice a day so that keep to hope this as help you a bit 
  • Posted

Try buying some Shepards Purse herb. Shepard's Purse will heal the bleeding if you take in internally. I chew up about 1 tablespoon and swallow it as needed. It works for me. Cheers

• Posted

Hi was sort of pain is it ? Like how does it feel and is he pain constant ?
  • Posted

Here is what me and my wife have found but of course follow your own experience and seek medical advice:

These make stools hard - pistachio nuts, squash (at least the round hard green ones do), eggs, wheat (especially crackers).

These make stools soft - flax seed oil (this is the best as it leaves stools with a very consistent texture and has never made our stools runny), boiled seaweed with your dinner is on par with flax seed oil. My wife either makes seaweed or we take flax seed oil, we alternate. As for magnesium, it does not spread consistently across stools like flax seed oil does and it sometimes makes stools runny as it is difficult to control how much to take with various meals therefore we no longer take it. As for drinking lots of water, that is fine but I will let you know the large intestine absorbs almost all water therefore, again, flax seed oil is MUCH better.

Controlling stool texture is key. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.