Anal Skin Tag Surgery - botched recovery?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I had an internal hem banded in January 2021. In February, I had two or three anal skin tags removed. I had them for a few years before i decided to get them checked by a colorectal surgeon. The after pain from the surgery was awful. I noticed there was still three bumps down there. I had my five week check up on March 30, 2021. My doctor told me that it is swelling and nothing to be concerned about. She saw two cuts still visible, so those had to heal before the swelling would subside and the tags would go away. I am now at six weeks post op and a new bump emerged. I am unsure if this is irritation, new tag or hem.

Has this happened to anyone? You are recovering properly then have a set back?

I added a picture. The yellow arrow is the new bump.image

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How does it look now? Has it gotten any better?

• Posted

Not really. It looks the same to me! And after a BM, it seems redder. Here is a pic from yesterday. I am almost 9 weeks post-op. image

• Posted

It is a bit red but it looks like it's not swollen anymore.

• Posted

The top piece is very much swollen still! I can feel it when I touch it in the bath/shower. That redness hasn't gone away, so that's why I am thinking it is still healing. Have you recovered from this procedure? What was it like for you?

• Posted

It's hard to see the redness due to the picture quality but it doesn't look like the first picture so I would say it is still healing. I have not had to have this mine so far have shrunk enough at the moment to not bother me as much but they have not gone away so it might still be an option.

• Posted

Yes, my newest picture looks better than the original post, although, that swelling happened after I thought I was healing properly. Its like wearing underwear all day caused me to have a set back! I am unsure if I am healing properly for where I am at in the process. I am at week 9 post op. I thought I would be completely healed by now! I wonder how many people have to get the procedure done more than once.

Have you done anything naturally to allow the tags to shrink without surgery? I had these tags for years and nothing shrunk them. I tried creams and oils from other countries, hem cream, etc.

• Posted

I have just used the creams and changed my eating habits a little and increased my water intake.

• Posted

oh, wow. Are you sure they are tags and not hems? I haven't read anywhere that skin tags that already exist can decrease in size by diet changes. Since the surgery, I have been drinking 8-10 cups of water per day, previously I was drinking less than 2. I am also trying to eat foods with more fiber in it.

• Posted

Good luck! I had one internal hem banded and 3 tags removed.

• Edited

OMG i recently was booked in for skin tag removal , day after op i took a mirror to check for bleeding to discover he had not removed the tag and removed random skin tag that was more near my front end ( claims notes stated it was an anterior tag not a posterial tag ( back end)- they removed the other the following week so I'm sore as hell as ive now had two tags either side of my anus removed - however the tag he removed earlier which caused me no issues i might add it seems although notes state " removal of a medium sized tag" I'm now left with a large lump and this just looks like a tag itself - picture attatched

• Posted

How long ago was your procedure? It might be some swelling still. Have you had a follow up appointment to talk to your doctor about your concerns?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.