Anemic with RH- Blood

Posted , 24 users are following.

I thinking about going the IV iron infusion route. It's sad to say that just the stress of trying to feel better is using up iron too.

Im taking double iron (25mg each) of Gentle Iron because of this blood type, iron drains me and makes me even sicker.  My GP doesn't have a clue about this blood type and I'm unable to find a dr that does. We are such a small group of people that I can only assume no one would fund the research in this area.

I was noticing just yesterday how exhausting it is just to try and towel dry my short hair. Omg, takes my breath away and I've only been down for two weeks.  Been real low for a long time but it finally dropped and been in bed for the past two weeks. 

Is there anyone out there with this rare blood type too, RH- ???  I'm just curious if an iron infusion will even help since I'm unable to store iron. Wish I could meet someone that is in this same boat. Please speak out.  I'm in my 50s feeling like I'm in my 90s and there's still so much living I'm wanting to do.  

If you know someone that has negative blood, please just ask them to log on and respond. I'm feeling very alone. 

God Bless!

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi im Chanel and i have B- blood type. I just started learning about my blood type recently and I'm fascinated to learn more I happen to Google and found this website and decide to reply back to you I'm not sure if I am anemic though my mother is but she does not have the same blood type as me I am Rh negative with a B negative blood type my son is AB- negative. I just started researching the different types of dieting associated with blood types I do know we have a rare blood type though my son's is even more rare I just kind of wanted you to no there's somebody else out there that has this blood type and so you're not alone and I hope that things get better I don't know what kind of diet you're on but I'm interested in the fact that there's not very many doctors knowing much about our blood type and that's kind of scary if I had money I would definitely put into the research of our blood type because just like anything needs a cure or facts known about different things I think that it should be there for us it shouldn't be hidden and it shouldn't be hard to find. I was simply looking for a multi vitamin for our blood type and came up with all these other different blood types and hotlines so it is hard to find things on our blood type I understand that and when I went to the doctor and they took the blood test they were talking and they were quiet and then they came back in the room and acted like I was like a alien or something because I guess it's so rare that they had not have anyone ever at that office that had B negative blood type ever before. The nurse acted like it was wrong and it couldnt be. But in fact no problem just the fact that you mentioned not very many are familiar with it because so little percent of the world has it.

• Posted

I am A- and I have the opposite problem I have to much iron. everytime I go to ER they try to leech me😏 i can't eat meats,liver is the worst thing and that good cause I don't like itwink but the other things are dandelion greens(more iron then liver and easier for neg types to absorb),spinach and most dark greens also dryed fruits like apricots raisens.there are herbs that can help birch;bark and leaf,the linner bark of a cherry tree,comfrey root,elderberries(good for many different problems) red clover,and my fav.yarrow many of these u can get at any health food store what's good is most all work on a balancing the abortion levels. I take many of these daily.

• Posted

That was absorption levels sorry about that 😞 have to love when your phone talks for you.

• Posted

I am also rh- and chronicly anemic. Every month I go to the blood center and try to give because Im a universal doner, but Im only sucessful about 3 times a yr. I have had the iron infusion twice and it does make you a bit sluggish for a time.

However nothing as bad as not being able to climb 12 steps without your legs burning.

Go have the infusion. Then continue taking the iron and b12 because b12 helps you absorb the iron. Good luck to you. Jakee

• Posted

I am Rh negative as well and I am 31 I have experienced some of the things you speak of and I feel 20 years older then I am. I have difficulty even getting up and down some days. I have noticed that when I get sick I stay sick longer then the average person and I get sick more then the average person. It wasn't always this way I noticed in my teens a lack of energy which I always thought I was just growing alot, I have two sisters who didn't sleep near as much as I did. Simple tasks drain me...I have been tested for diabetes before and I am not thinkin its that, usually I am pretty motivated but when I completely exhausted myself I wont get energy again for weeks...I feel I have poor circulation also and not being able to exercise because of the lack of energy and its not because I'm a lazy person I am a very hard worker and lived the farm life and always worked hard labor jobs lifting and this only started happening more to me...I come in contact with cleaning supplies I will get very ill I get a small viral infection Im down for a week and the other week to sleep just to feel myself again. I don't know what it is but I feel something with this blood type is off and it could be because my blood cells are lacking the D antigen which helps your cells fight off infections and that could play a role in why my body is so tired my mind goes and goes but my body itself is just cant keep up. I have asked people if they feel this way sometimes and nobody seems to relate. People see me and ask why I always look so tired...sometimes I get dizzy and feel like I'm going to just pass out. I noticed alot of changes since I got pregnant. I never felt this way as a little kid but then again I never paid attention. When I was little I ate match heads alot lol I guess the sulfur in it idk but I craved it and also again everytime I got pregnant I wanted sulfur I don't know, I know you crave certain things but sulfur? If I hold my arms over my head I will get dizzy after a minute I thought that was normal. I just though maybe it was depression or maybe being depressed made it worse. When I was pregnant I would walk a few feet and have to sit down. I could not go anywhere it was shortly after they gave me the rh shot, I thought it was a pinched nerve in my back. Who knows? I still think they need to tell us more about our blood types since they can use it to figure out if its kinda a disability because I am 31 I have not grown since I was in 9th grade lol I promise I eat like a normal person my sister is around 160lbs my dad is 275lbs my mom is 145lbs so why am I 94lbs my weight has never reached higher then 101lbs and usually if I get sick I'm back down to about 91lbs I cant gain weight for nothing! I get told I'm wasting away.

• Posted

Your fatique goes way beyond what you should have to deal with but I so understand having been low energy my whole life.  Have you ever tryed eating clean?  I suggest you read the book  The PH Miracle.  Its a high vibration Alkaline diet.    Not really a diet more of a life style change but if per chance you have food allergys you will be a new girl in short order.   Jakee

• Posted

Hey my name is Ash & I have ab rhd negative blood and improve 31 yrs old too i can relate to your post too because in always tired I can never get energy no matter what I do I could sleep all day if my partner let me i usually go to bed around 7:30pm and wake up around 12:30pm although I could stay in bed i get up for my partner I've been trying for years a solution to feeling this way but I can't no doctor helps they say its depression but I know it's not feeling tired makes me depressed and after I founderstand out how rare our blood type is and what could happen during pregnancy I started to look up everything about being rhd negative and wanted to know if it could cause my tiredness and after reading all these posts im starting to think it maybe the cause I have low levels of iron as well as low levels of vitamin D which I've noticed a lot of others with rhd negative blood suffer from anyway its great to finally have people who are going thru the same sort of thing being able to educate others wanting to learn about there blood type and how it could be affecting our bodies

• Posted

I am O negative RH negative

I have severe problems with anemia.

I eat a keto diet and my diet is full of iron but I do not absorb it. I I have not been able to solve my problem and I am 50 years old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.