Angelic not working for me, post-menopausal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 56 and post-menopausal, I have had really bad symptoms for the last year but, have been experiencing them for at least the last 5-7. I had really bad acne and heavy periods so my doctor put me on Dianette, I have since found out I should only have been on it for 3 years max but, I was on it for 17! It was fab, no spots, great hair and periods were more contained. I started to get really bad migraine/ withdrawal symptoms when I took a break to try and come off and experienced clots, I bled for 2 weeks every month, flooded, it was difficult as still working. about a year ago my doc put me on the mini pill, he said I should not be on Dianette. no more periods but, on the downside my acne came back and my hair started fulling out. I have read forums on Dianette and this is ccommon, I have now controlled it by taking hair supplements and whilst it is thin, it is better to a degree. my main problem is that since I came off Dianette I stopped sleeping so I tried everything possible, herbal to start with, worked for a few days, then sleeping pills but, didn't make me feel great the next day, groggy, headaches, depression. I then tried Melotonin, didn't work at all. I walk 4kms every day by the sea and I workout regularly, I thought I was doing everything right. before I go on, I am going to tell you that I lost my mother to cancer 4 years ago, still find it hard to accept to be honest, she had breast cancer and then pancreatic cancer and Osteoporosis, I am sharing this so you get the full picture. So I am on the mini pill and trying different drops to make me sleep. Here the docs tried to put me on anti-depressants to help with the menopause but, I am not depressed, just tired and maybe a little down from not sleeping but, I am lucky enough to have the most amazing and supportive husband in the world.  I decided to go to a GN and go on HRT, I went for all the tests and found I had Osteopina (just out of normal) and high chlorestorol. I have been taking Menopace night which stopped the hot flushes but, didn't help with the not sleeping. The GN gave me the full examination and told me my uterus had shrunk. I went on Angeluq just 10 days ago, I worry if all my medications mix. So I take an Omega 3 tablet, a hair vitamin tablet, a calcium tablet, a chlorestorol tablet, Angeliq, Menopace night and sleeping drops, sounds a lot but, the doc says ok as mainly vitamins. The symptoms I get hit a high yesterday, I woke up feeling like I wanted to be sick but, was ok once I had breakfast, I had a runny nose which I put down to an allergy as it came on so quickly but, this is a known side effect. I experienced bad abdominal pains straight away, after 3 days I got an infection and then a bladder infection along with a yeast infection, I have sore breasts, red eyes and generally feel unwell. I didn't take one yesterday. I have now decided to try some natural patches to see if they help but, have to order online from the UK so will take a couple of weeks to get. I tried not taking the drops but, just laid there, I don't think they suit me anymore, they were ok to start with so I am going to take Sleepeze for now but, if anyway can suggest a natural sleep agent that works that would be fab. Obviously my body is yearning progesterone and oestrogen, I am not sure whether I should try another HRT tablet but, in the back of mind, I feel uneasy because of my mother. she had an hysterectomy at 32 and went straight onto HRT it was the thing everyone did in those days, she got breast cancer late 60's and died 79 years. Any advise will be gratefully accepted, thanks 😓 Nobody discusses the menopause here, ladies fight their symptoms in private, I am open, in the south they are terrified of HRT and avoid it but, I want quality of life, in the north, they are more educated on the whole menopause thing so will talk about it and take HRT.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Susan you can buy Menopace online from Amazon or boots com if outside if the UK, they deliver worldwide. I can't seem to answer you ladies anymore direct....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.