Ankle fracture from 45 yrs ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Fractured my ankle at 17 yrs. Now I'm 60. Saw the dr two days ago and it's looking like I'm going to have to choose between Fusion or ankle replacement. Wearing a soft brace and it helps with a lot of the pain I've been experiencing.  Since 2015 I've had double knee replacements and surgery for rotator cuff. I'm pretty nervous about this surgery.

Chean houses, pretty active and really need to enjoy and keep up with my two granddaughters. Please give me some advice on what I should choose.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Patti27583

Hi there, this ankle injury rightfully should of been

diagnosed forty-five years ago ???? Have you written to

hospital or surgeon or primary care for you're written records ?

If your injury was mis diagnosed, I believe that would have an

affect on the rest of your body. good luck Julie 5533

• Posted

Yes, it should have been. Sounds like a major problem. Please let us know what happens. 
    • Posted

I was 16 and because of my family situation I never saw a doctor. So there are no records. I stayed off of it until it healed the best it possibly could. I never had any problem with it until a year ago. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.