Ankle pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I broke my ankle 3 weeks ago and am non weight bearing.My"good"ankle which was stiff in the mornings before my injury has become so painful that I cannot hop more than 10 times without sitting down.I use a frame not crutches because I am clumsy.Has anyone else had this problem?I am over 60.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Maeve,

I am 70 and couldn't hop very well. I got a knee scooter. I was non weight bearing for 10 weeks. The scooter was a godsend.

Carol

• Posted

Thanks for the advice Carol.I've been looking at scooters in case my fracture doesn't heal and I need an operation.

• Posted

YES, get the scooter. I had one, and it was awesome. helped me ALOT... I had it from post surgery, for about a month or so. I tried crutches also, and i fell on my foot with them. not a good idea. crutches, and i dont get along..lol!!!  HIGHLY suggest the scooter. 

good luck

• Posted

Ditch the frame. Get a knee scooter or wheelchair asap. I too. Clumsy. I got things to put on the bottom of them. See private message for details

They help stabilise clumsy me. I've fallen off so often b4 that it's not funny! Even fell off crutches at Drs at reception!

Now I've had surgery I have an ALL TERrain Walker with large wheels and a seat.

Good luck. Read your private messages.

@(*+*)@

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.