ankle pain after tkr

Posted , 26 users are following.

Had a right tkr 10 weeks ago and things are moving on well, have the usual stiffness, numbness and other things people talk about but hey I'm mobile and mainly pain free....except for my lower shin and ankle which hurts like hell if i've rested for a while..anyone else got this problem after tkr? Didn't have it before but they say the surgeons are pretty brutal when it comes to immobilising your leg during the op!

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi..had tkr 8wks ago..all well except painful achilles heel..told physio ..said cold compress and stretches..

so nice to find site for those whose had tkr ..no support groups otherwise...

• Posted

hi ..i had my tkr 10weeks ago..gets stiff and very uncomfortable..still using cool cuff which helps..bending knee still only getting 110 degrees with a push..walking better, now without stick..improving walking downstairs continuously..sleep very poorly as difficult to lie on either side..now got tendonitis in opposite ankle to op leg..painful at anytime of day but sore heels at night due to continuously sleeping on back..get fed-up thinking will it ever return to 'normal'..was such active person..hence tkr wore knee out..cest le vie..anyone feel like this..sorry about negs..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.