Ankle pain after tkr surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi . I had tkr surgery 6wk ago now . I am having problems with pain in ankle and foot keeping me awake at night and on resting. Does any one else have this problem. I had my 6 week check up and knee is doing well. But they have said as the knee was not central and is now after surgery it has put my ankle out of alignment and have to have physio to help ankle in it's new position. Has anyone else had this problem.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue

Yes I did for weeks, my ankle was really swollen and really hurt all down the right hand side.  I iced it and kept it moving and it eventually just wore off. I found ipobrufen helped. 

Good luck

• Posted

I am 5 weeks today and my problem is calf muscle and IT band.I was also told the problem is when they take your leg off then put back on it is not in same position.So the muscles may be shorter or longer which causes pain.And your right sleeping is the absolute worse.It will get better with time and we must do our exercises and walk
  • Posted

Hi Sue I’m 9 weeks today and have had really bad ankle pain especially after I walk and it sort of just collapses.The ankle pain and shin pain are actually worse than my knee.I really didn’t expect the ankle pain.I don’t have an answer but I’m sure some one on this great forum can help us.Good luck with your recovery.
  • Posted

My feet and ankles hurt before my surgery. But even now I'm having some pains there again. Today my heel felt bruised. My left ankle bone is filled with fluid. My big problem is my pelvis and lower back. I've been bow legged my entire life until my surgery 8 weeks ago. So now everything is shifting into a new normal and I expect pain until I can get used to the new structure and strengthen the muscles that support those areas. See a chiropractor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.