ankle pain when walking in the boot

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys,any advice appreciated, i'm 5 weeks post op, everything looking good, got the air boot on monday, when i sleep foot is fine in the morning, once i walk for a short while in the boot, my ankle is in severe pain and swells up, is this normal, any answers please, thanks digmon

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, I am going through the same. As soon as i attempt to walk in the boot the pain is severe and then the swelling begins. I am on day 4 of trying and failing. i know its been years for you but do you remember how long it took for you to be able to tolerate to boot ? Did you wait additional weeks before trying to walk in the boot until it was no longer painful? Did you push through the pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.