Ankle surgery PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had ankle surgery 6 days ago. I went to doctor today he removed splint to check surgical sites all was good. I had pain before controlled by pain meds. I have been awake all night with severe pain in heal area of my ankle, I've been taking pain meds but nothing is helping I've tried ice behind knee splint is back on and unable to get to area. I can not ease the pain please help me i don't know what to do.. Please

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Go to Hospital ASAP. I too had ankle surgery. Codeine, panadol and ibuprofen were prescribed. Must take them as directed. Don't wait till in agony. It is painful. Elevate leg. Try is move toes.

Review of surgery needed. Pain relief needs review.

Let me know. Deep breathing helped me. Do no chores.

• Posted

Definitely go to hospital ASAP.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Severe pain after it had been under control suggests something isn't right and if slab is too tight it could be causing more damage the longer you leave it.  Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon.  
    • Posted

I agree

Didn't want to be too alarming. I hope she has some good news for us soon. Fingers crossed!

• Posted

Hi erin I would go back to hospital asap. If your pain is worse now with the new split it could be they have pushed your foot from your toes to your ankle to far up and back and it is putting too much pressure on the tendons in the heel. After my surgery I had some bleeding from my wounds which ran into the bottom of my heel, once the blood dried my heel was stuck to my cast and could not move, this caused pain. Once the back slab was replaced it was so much better. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

I had the bleeding too and it seeped through my plaster or Paris cast turning it pink. Surgeon put Green fibreglass on top to hide it. But the wadding stuck to my ankle and leg, and caused me agony. I hope someone is helping Erin get to Hospital as we type.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that you are going through sever pain after surgery. I have also experienced such pain. I am happy to share my healing remedy. You will have unbelievable results. Take an egg and add one tea spoon of turmaric powder. Mix it properly and apply it on the whole anckle for 2-3 hours. You will be surprised to see the effect.

Please do write again after using this remedy.

• Posted

Hi max thanks for the remedy. I have been taking Turmerynne capsules, this is turmeric and cayenne and works well for inflammation and pain . I started walking yesterday without crutches for the first time after I broke my ankle and had surgery, and today I have had a bit of pain especially on the top of my foot, so I am definitely going to try your remedy. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
    • Posted

Good to know that you walked without crutches, I know how you will be feeling to walk without any support. One more thing to mention, please keep your wounded foot warm.

Hope you will have good results for the remedy I mentioned. 

• Posted

Hi max. Thanks for the advice. My ankle and foot is a bit sore today from walking and now full weight bearing, I hope this will pass soon. The remedy you gave me I will start tonight. Does this work for pain and swelling, and how long must I use it before I get results. Thanks max as I hate taking pain meds so I hope it works fast. Will keep you posted on the results.
    • Posted

Hi Daphne,  Hope you doing fine. How is your ankle & foot, sorry, I didn't reply you earlier because I was travelling continuous three days. Did you apply the turmeric and egg remedy.
    • Posted

Hi max, yes I have it definitely works for the swelling and circulation. I am walking sooo much better and only use one crutch and walk much easier and longer without crutches at all. I am sure it is because the swelling is so much better. Thanks max I will keep on using your remedy. I first give GOD all the glory for how he has brought me through this trying time. Next week I am going to try drive my car so let's hope. Will let you know how that goes.
    • Posted

Hi Daphne, Wow I am Glad to hear you are doing better.  This remedy needs to be used only twice or maximum three times then you will be on the go. Better to apply the remedy at night and wash it in the morning. I am expecting chocolates from a person who is getting better.(lol)

From the last 4 days I am suffering from gums infection which resulted swelling on my left side of face.  I am afraid to use too much antibiotics but I don't have any alternative.

• Posted

Shame max, that's not good and I know it is sore. Hope you get better soon. Chocolate is not good for gum infection. Lol
  • Posted

I don't know what you're taking but oxycod/acetam  PERCOCET worked really well for me. I had an old script from 2011. Thank goodness I had it around.  My surgeon would not prescribe! Would not.  Vicodin didn't cut it.
  • Posted

Hi Erin, sorry to hear about your pain! I agree with earlier replies and hope you are in the hospital already...From my experience and others i think pain most likely caused by cast/splint being too tight. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.