Ankle surgery PLEASE HELP PLEASE

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had ankle surgery 6 days ago. I went to doctor today he removed splint to check surgical sites all was good. I had pain before controlled by pain meds. I have been awake all night with severe pain in heal area of my ankle, I've been taking pain meds but nothing is helping I've tried ice behind knee splint is back on and unable to get to area. I can not ease the pain please help me i don't know what to do.. Please

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi erin have you been back to the doctor yet. Would like to hear what he said. X
  • Posted

Erin are you okay?. We are all keen to know how you got on. Assuming you went to the Hospital.

Good Luck. :+)

• Posted

Hello all, first let start by saying thank you all so much for taking the time to answer me 😊. I did go to er and a X-ray was done to make sure nothing was out of place, it turns out I have a 3 centimeter cyst on my achilles tendon which developed cause of injury and surgery. I was told cyst will subside by itself once foot starts to heal and the split was adjusted, along with a stronger antibiotic. The pain has lowered and is back to now being controlled by the pain meds thank god. Again thank you all so much for taking your time to help me it is appreciated more than you know 😊. God bless and great health in future 😊💜.
    • Posted

Yey. I live in the opposite side of the world to the UK. Glad I checked my phone. Gosh, I so pleased. Had trouble sleeping after I answered your post. So glad. When did you go?
    • Posted

Hi erin, so happy you went to the doctor and that the problem has been seen to. Now it is be patient and have tons of faith. Hope you have a speedy recovery. God bless. X
  • Posted

Go to the hospital soon as you can. Get it checked. If the back slab is too tight it will do damage. Elevate, ice even on top, stay off the leg, but get back to the hospital/doctor urgently.
  • Posted

Glad to hear you are doing better! Good luck with further recovery.
  • Posted

Hi Erin, how is the recovery going? You must've been in a serious state when you got to Hospital.

I've just been away for the night so see family. What a struggle. No raised chair, toilet seat, bed lifter, shower slide, chair lift etc. All things that helpy life go as smoothly as possible. I was way out of my post break/surgery comfort zone.

Was great to have a change of scenery though!

• Posted

Hello 2tituscanby1

Recovery is rough I am usually an on the go person. I am a phlebotomist and I'm assistant chief of a volunteer ambulance. So I could be up on calls for 911. It is probably a good thing I'm not allowed out of bed and there is pain. Because I volunteer for the ambulance company the department allowed me to borrow a potty chair to keep in my room and someone just dropped off a shower chair which I will attempt tomorrow to use 😊. I can not get that leg went but the rest of me needs a shower badly. The dr at the emergency room said I must be in pain he offered an additional pain med, I told them no if they fix issue I would be fine. I saw my surgeon and he apologized about the pain (not his fault) and all is healing well now 😊. I will say laying in bed all day except to use potty is boring haha and my butt is getting sore I try to roll but makes ankle hurt so one day at a time and one day soon I'll be up and in a walking boot. The light at the end is getting closer 😊. Thank you for asking 😊

• Posted

Hi erin, I know what you mean when you say you're butt is getting sore from lying in bed all day. I broke my left ankle and could only lay on my left side because turning over was painful and I felt that my ankle had more support laying like that, but it gets very uncomfortable. I have quite firm pillows, not hard, so I took one of them and put it between my legs from my knee down and then turned over to my right. This gave the broken ankle support turning over and while laying on my right side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.