Ankle surgery recovery

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello all, I broke my ankle AUGUST 19th . I HAD SURGERY ON SEPTEMBER 9,2019. dor the past two weeks ive been feeling weird sensations inside of my ankle where its numb. IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS CONSTANTLY MOVING AROUND AND FOLLOWING BY BURNING TWITCHING SHARP PAINS ECT... im nervous because of the movements it feels strange to me and its consistant. i told my doctor they say its normal that the berves are trying to come back together but why the weird movements? please has anyone experienced this before im worried. thank you.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes I had the same. It is very uncomfortable. sometimes like sharp muscle spasms and pain.

• Posted

Absolutely normal. Had surgery 7 weeks ago and felt all those weird sensations. Hes right nerves. It will get better not go away. I still have weird sensations.

• Posted

It's the healing process of the ankle and the hardware inside your feet....

• Posted

thank you so much! so tours felt like something was moving around also? it doesnt hurt all the time. I JUST feel so not normal right now through this traumatizing healing process. thank you so much for the quick response!

• Posted

i think maybe the hardware is doing something to my nerves or something.

• Posted

it wouldnt be so bad but its constantly i just want it to stop feeling like something is in there lol

• Posted

it is because its something new inside your body it's not use to it I don't think we ever feel the same after healing omg I'm sorry to say 😭

• Posted

I was feeling the same kind of weird feelings too it's hard to deal with sometimes it make me think all kind of way it all go away soon take your pain medication or tylenol they work feel better soon.....

• Posted

did yours constantly feel like something was moving around in there? its so strange and annoying.

• Posted

I was scared I started to google all kind of things it even felt like there were animals moving inside my foot I get depressed it's the most weird feelings I ever felt in my life omg I wish this upon noone. You get these feelings when you have on the cast or split I'm not walking on my two feet as yet I cant wait tho.

• Posted

you will get depressed Unfortunately the doctors do not address the mental aspect of this surgery

I fell into a very deep depression in the beginning Cried a lot

Worst thing to have to depend on someone else for everything

Losing your independence sucks

Hang in there It will get better

• Posted

i cant walk either for another 7 weeks and that will be just my tip toes feel free to add me on Fb my name is SHAVEÉ WALKER. I AM IN A SUPPORT GROUP ON THERE ALSO ITS BEEN AMAZING. add me

• Posted

I could say the same from I broke my ankle through surgery couple weeks now I stop crying very depressing I'm telling you I of to wait on my families to give me food and I hate depending on ppl it get me down but thankful I have help

• Posted

I had a nurse for wound care because I also had fracture blisters and a wound that was taking longer to heal. She said I should see someone about the depression and was going to hook me up however I told her I know why I'm depressed. I was going through a clinical depression from the constant gnawing pain and lack of sleep. It was like being tortured and then depression from having to depend on people for everything. I have been through a lot of things including cancer and this experience I have to say is almost unbelievable. So I hear ya!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.