Ankylosing Spondylitis in remission in 3 weeks

Posted , 31 users are following.

Long story short I have been fighting AS for more than a decade. I couldnt walk without the feeling of pins and needle, I couldn't sleep because I was sleeping on pins and needles, my stomach hurt constantly, heart burn all the time, my neck felt like one piece, lock jaw all the time and if I layed down for a while I would get stuck in that position.

after years on embrel and indomethacin I stopped taking all medication two months ago and changed my diet to one that fit me. I can confidently say my AS is in remission and I just had my first burger since starting he diet 30 days ago and had no effect from the burger

i will still continue to stay on the diet becuase I just feel better

i lost 15 lbs in the last three weeks. 138 to 123 and now I'm slowly gaining it back as muscle mass because I can finally work out. 

I spring out of Bed,sleep throug the nite, starting to become more flexible everyday.  I will update every month to keep you guys up to date on how long I can go cured and what limits I can push on food

believe it or not week one two and three of my diet was a rotation or beef bone soup and chicken feet bone soup.  I will continue to update as I go. Cheers

6 likes, 34 replies

Report / Delete

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Elias

I have been gluten / corn and restrict cows milk much of time.

I went from bent double in pain, limping with sore hips, lethargy, headaches, stiff neck / sore shoulder blades and rotator cuff.  By 30 I was running half marathons - and still beat my 14 year old in a sprint today at 48

I started my diet changes 22 years ago at age 26 - I am now 48.

I am so glad that you too have found that diet change has helped you!  Keep us updated and happy to discuss more - as I am a real bore on the subject!

Best wishes

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up