Ankylosing Spondylitis in remission in 3 weeks

Posted , 31 users are following.

Long story short I have been fighting AS for more than a decade. I couldnt walk without the feeling of pins and needle, I couldn't sleep because I was sleeping on pins and needles, my stomach hurt constantly, heart burn all the time, my neck felt like one piece, lock jaw all the time and if I layed down for a while I would get stuck in that position.

after years on embrel and indomethacin I stopped taking all medication two months ago and changed my diet to one that fit me. I can confidently say my AS is in remission and I just had my first burger since starting he diet 30 days ago and had no effect from the burger

i will still continue to stay on the diet becuase I just feel better

i lost 15 lbs in the last three weeks. 138 to 123 and now I'm slowly gaining it back as muscle mass because I can finally work out. 

I spring out of Bed,sleep throug the nite, starting to become more flexible everyday.  I will update every month to keep you guys up to date on how long I can go cured and what limits I can push on food

believe it or not week one two and three of my diet was a rotation or beef bone soup and chicken feet bone soup.  I will continue to update as I go. Cheers

6 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

please come back. I would really like to know more!
    • Posted

Hi janniey 

sddsxxs said he would not post anymore?? - but he sent me a PM that told me that his main diet change was a chicken bone broth -

In his words....

"chicken feet 1lb carrots, celery, tons of raw garlic like 15 of them and two tsp of apple cider vinegar"

There are lots of recipes online for bone broth of different kinds.

One of the other diets related to low carb / low starch and also bridges to gluten free is a diet by a French physician called Jean Seignalet - his assertion was that food should not be cooked above 110c.

I have been very low carb but not starch free - and have been wheat and corn free for over 20 years.  Like DevonGold's post if I stray my body hurts a lot - but then I go on my defensive diet and wait for the inflammation to subside.

• Posted

Hello. It's been a long time since I updated this. 

Reading up on my last post I can see how the moderator just simply wanted to move my discussion. But I think if I can help one person through this all the headache is worth it. 

I changed my approach to working through my condition. I now see that while the medication was making me worse it wasn't the medications fault. 

I believe that you need to treat your AS with medication plus diet and exercise. 

The original plan I proposed worked well but I have to admit that I could not keep it up.  Being a food lover make it hard to stay away from it and I guess I don't have the discipline to maintain the diet. 

I'm back on embryo and indomethacin but I continue to drink my soup twice a day. I'm not sure if the moderator still wants me to move the post so we'll see but I'm happy to answe an questions. 

• Posted

I have been suffering, can you hrlp me, getting run around, im a medic and not stupid but the docs wld rather all of us be stupid so they can misguide and mistreat. Pretty sure i have dysbiosis but what test do i need to get to prove. Dont know much abt AS but may fit with my symptoms. Can u msg me
  • Posted

Hi Sddsxxs,

Congratulations on a successful diet. I hope you are finding more and more relief everyday. I am about to begin the beef knuckle and chicken feet broth detox process but I wanted to know how exactly to go about it. Is this a 3 week cleanse drinking only chicken feet and beef knuckle broth and absolutely no food at all or should I incorporate other foods? Also, How did you alternate between beef knuckle and chicken feet? And how much did you consume in a day of each?

Thank you, 

Josselyn 

• Posted

Hello, I just recently came across your feed about AS remission and treating it with bone broth. I have a few questions if you don't mind:

- did you only eat bone broth for 2 weeks?

-are you still in remission?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

• Posted

Hi Sddsxxs,

After 8 years of back and forth with the doctors about my stiff neck, I was recently diagnosed with AS.  Tired of the medications.  My sister found this forum and I have totally enjoyed reading the comments so thank you for sharing your story.  I will begin taking the bone broth soup tomorrow and prayerfully will have a success story to share.  

• Posted

Hi! my mom is suffering from Ankylosing spondlitis for past eight years and she had a hip joint replacement of left leg I have read ur article and found that elimination diet has positive effect on this disease I just want to ask you that which things you used to eat in ur breakfast,lunch and dinner and what supplement you used to take?confused I'll be very kind of you if you give me a detail list of what you eat in your breakfast,lunch and dinner ? Aslo I want to ask you if you kindly give me your contact no or email or if you have a skype id I just want to contant you in order to get all information about elimination diet smile please reply soon smile

• Posted

Hi, my son is diagnosed with spondylo arthritis.

What elimination diet did you use? Is it a strict elimination diet with no might shades, diary etc...

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

• Posted

I've heard about bone broth. Can you tell me, do you make your own or do you think a powder form is just as effective?  

• Posted

I would love to talk to you or email... I am trying so hard to fight this wretched illness and doctors seem to think I have all the time in the world. I have a Rhuematologist and he is all about conventional (non healing meds) and I have a functional med doctor who gives me some hope but thinks experimenting over several months is sufficient. Maybe it is but so far I haven't improved much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.